Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest simulator update 0.5.2 still not fully working...

After the issues with the first two versions not running the ionic version of the simulator continued to fail with the message 'failed to load the application list' . After a bit of trial and error i copied some files from other apps into the ionic app folder in the simulator, by some chance this fixed my issues and the simulator worked fine.

Well until today, when the latest update rolled out which has rendered the ionic simulator non functional again with the same problem 'failed to load application list' . As i mentioned before the Versa simulator works fine. I'm no expert but the issues seems to be with the app loading in on start up. 

It's a bit frustrating as with 3 updates already the simulator still doesn't work for me and now I know how much more convenient it is when its working.

Any updates on this would be appreciated, with many devs currently doing stuff for the versa they may be not coming across the ionic simulator issues I am.

The original post with image is here

original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I haven't found any other references to this error.

Please can you delete the current log files, recreate the issue, then send the logs to me via private message?

OS X: ~/Library/Logs/Fitbit OS Simulator/log.log
Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator\log.log

Note that this log contains authentication tokens (do not post publicly).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will have a look for you. Bizarrely when I ran this file in dependability,(runjs, in the ionic app folder) then booted up the simulator it worked and has worked since. I am now thinking this may be windows thing.

I will see if I ca find that log for you later

Best Answer
0 Votes

screenshot_20180328_205418.png

All I did was run the 'runjs' file at the bottom and now the simulator works. This is in the Ionic folder of the program. This seems to be more of an issue with my PC, well two PC's. It runs fine now that I have run that file.

Best Answer
0 Votes