Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic and speaker SDK API

Hello. Versa 3 and Sense have both mic and speaker. Can they be accessed through the SDK?

@JonFitbitIf no, do we have any plans to add this support? It could be file-based. Two options - record the audio file, and play the audio file. It's better it there will be some simple codec to reduce the size.

This API could be used in conjunction with a file transfer API to create communication and other voice-controlled apps.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

We don't currently have APIs for the speaker or mic, but we're investigating their possibilities.

Best Answer

Any update on this?
I was actually expecting the microphone and speaker API to be in place and feel disappointed that after new app design (where mic sound level is needed) we had to conclude it is not possible to make the app now.  

How do the Fitbit apps interact with the microphone?

Best Answer

While it feels pointless to voice my opinion at this point, why am I not allowed to code for hardware I paid for, but Google and Amazon are?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not even that, consider that there are privileged developers who got access to the AOD while the mass hasn't. This SDK policy as setup by Fitbit is an utterly mess.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer