Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixing custom clock faces with marketplace/gallery clock faces

ANSWERED

Hello,

I've used my Ionic for years before the recent recall, and now that I have a Sense, I love it. I enjoy developing my own clock face, based on the SDK, and sideloading it (studio + developer bridge) to my device. However, I have not been able to have a mix of a custom clock face and one or more marketplace/gallery ones. When I try to install a marketplace/gallery one, it gets stuck in an infinite install loop that never succeeds. On the watch, when I go to "clocks", all the thumbnails are blank and selecting any of the thumbnails sends me back to my custom clock face.

Is this a supported scenario? If so, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get around the infinite install loop? Preferably without factory resetting the Sense or reinstalling the Fitbit App on my Android phone? Thank you!

Cheers,

~alex

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In my experience, if you side-load your own clock face, it blocks the ones from the library. You can either remove yours first to access the public ones, or publish yours on the GAM - Gallery App Manager - as a private link. That's what I do for testing. Once uploaded to the GAM, it remains private until you submit it for Review to then be eligible for public listing - a final step that is in your control even after being approved.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

In my experience, if you side-load your own clock face, it blocks the ones from the library. You can either remove yours first to access the public ones, or publish yours on the GAM - Gallery App Manager - as a private link. That's what I do for testing. Once uploaded to the GAM, it remains private until you submit it for Review to then be eligible for public listing - a final step that is in your control even after being approved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fabrikisto, thanks for the tip! Uninstalling the sideloaded app and re-installing it as an .fba via the GAM allowed me to install other public clock faces alongside. Exactly what I was looking for, if a bit inconvenient during the development phase.

Best Answer