Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most wanted apps

I am interested in starting the conversation around what apps would be beneficial for users of the Ionic.  I know that is truly a fitness first smartwatch and that is what I wanted.  However, the current smartwatch functionality is limited to receiving app notifications (which is nice).  Here is a list of apps I would like to see:

Airlines (Delta, American Airlines)

Facebook (see comment/activity stream even if it is only text based)

App with the ability to log a current location to Facebook or Foursquare (would require using phone for app connectivity)

Walking directions app (Google maps or something like that)

Waze directions integration

Hotel apps

I travel a lot and I would like some of these things to provide common tasks without having to pull the phone out and log into these particular apps.  I want to be notified when  gate changes occur with airlines.

How does FitBit, or the community, work with these companies to get them to develop for us?  These apps all exist on AWS3.  I think this can be a better format if we can get those features and really give the Apple Watch a run for the money.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @pvols1979,

Those are some interesting ideas. Personally I'd rather use my phone for those, since those apps already exist, and as you noted, you'd need the phone anyway for connectivity.

I can't imagine how you'd fit a Facebook feed on such a small device, but maybe I'm behind the times that way.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

I think it would be cool to have a calendar app that shows your upcoming 5 to 10 items from your calendar. So you can glance at it to see what you have planned for the day. 

Best Answer

The ionic has a nice and bright screen.  I would like the ability to transfer photos to the ionic and view those photos. 

Best Answer

I am researching fitbit devices due to restrictions on the health app our company uses and saw this post and while its older your requests are spot on and I have not yet seen anything regarding non-fitness apps for these devices.  Which is quite sad.  It's 2019 and a smartwatch, which I would consider a versa or iconic as one, shoyuld be able to integrate fully like say a galaxy or motorola smart watch.  At the very least I see now there is fitpay so we can use our devices to pay but not having the ability to get things like a turn by turn notice from google maps or waze is a huge shortcoming.  I do not want multiple watches I want one.  Each brand has almost everything I would want in a smartwatch with one missing only a single feature, tap to pay functionality (Tic Watch Pro).  I am interested as the price point is great for me on the iconic but leary about the other missing functionality, like my older (crushed Galaxy) watch had.  Hate teh Galaxy watch OS so they are right out of the running :).  I created a fitbit account soley to create this post.  I hope fitbit is considering things for the more tech savy generation users.

Best Answer
0 Votes