Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to create something to accommodate non-24 sleep wake disorder

Hello.  I am looking to create an application to accommodate living and working while suffering from non-24 sleep wake disorder.  My requirements are to detect the onset of sleep, waking up, and optionally, if asleep, which phase of sleep.  This status needs to be tracked over time and sent to a PC (or have the PC able to pull it when it wants it) in real-time and without user intervention.

Just one example of where this scenario may be used:

It is 9am and during a morning meeting to which I am not attending, my team determines that they're going to need my feedback on something before they can proceed.  If my system predicts that I have just started sleeping at 7am, it can tell them that they will likely have success to meet with me if they schedule it for after 4pm.  If my system is able to detect my sleep phases, it can also wake me up by alarm when I am next in a light sleep phase after some predetermined minimum amount of sleep time.  This will ensure that I do not oversleep for the meeting that I couldn't know about until I wake up.

Is this something that can be accomplished using the Fitbit as the sleep tracking device in this scenario?  If so, what's the most direct strategy for implementing such a thing, assuming that I have significant experience in programming on a number of platforms, but currently zero experience with anything Fitbit specific.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0