Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdditiveList with Selection as addAction causes Settings to crash

I am trying to create a Settings page for a custom watch face that uses an AdditiveList to allow the user to add an option to a list. The available options to add are also themselves a list, so I want to use a Selection element to give the user the list of items to select from to add to the AdditiveList. Something like this:

<Page>
  <Section
    title={
      <Text bold align="center">
        Settings
      </Text>
    }
  >
    <AdditiveList
      title="SelectedItems"
      settingsKey={"selectedItems"}
      renderItem={item => {
if (item && item.name) {
return <Text>{item.name}</Text>
} else {
return null;
}
}} addAction={
<Select
label="Select a new item"
options={[
{
"name": "Option 2"
},
{
"name": "Option 2"
}
]}
/>
} />
/>
/>

However, I find that using a Selection as the addAction in an AdditiveList causes the settings app to crash with "Settings: TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined". I simplified the app all the way down to as basic as possible, and the error still reproduces.

I have uploaded a stripped-down example to github. If you clone the repo and try it using the CLI or using fitbit studio, you'll see the issue reproduce when you open the settings app

https://github.com/dslane/ions-js/tree/master

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is this a known issue of the 3.1 SDK? Is there a known workaround?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Is there really nobody who can help with this? Nobody else has encountered this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

In case this helps anyone else, I had this issue and solved it by running 

settingsStorage.clear();

in my companion index.js - apparently, it had saved some settings from a previous AdditiveList definition I had written earlier, and was trying to re-load them, but failing because I had changed the markup. Of course, that call to clear the settings should be removed again afterwards otherwise it will keep forgetting the settings.

Best Answer