Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New OS Simulator, new SDK?

Does anyone know when we get a new version of the OS Simulator and SDK for Sense 2/Versa 4 support?

Smartwatch | Fitbit Versa 4 shop 

Or will they emulate the Sense and Versa 3?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Maybe they are compatible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonFitbit 

I'm going to extende the question: will Sense 2 / Versa 4 support independent developed apps? In other words will there be a SDK? I start to have some doubts

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Is there an answer from Fitbit on this?

I have received my Sense 2 device but cannot sideload my app for testing using CLI 1.7.3. Connecting to the device is impossible, also tried to connect to the device using Fitbit studio with no luck.

I also tried pulling CLI 1.8.0-pre.6, but still, no luck connecting to my Sense 2 device.

My app is developed with SDK 6.1.0

Best Answer

Just got my Sense 2 as well, made a clock face ahead of time that I was excited to try out on it, but I can't figure out how to build for this new watch.

There are clearly some third party clock faces and apps available in the gallery, so how did they do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like third-party clock faces compatible with Sense are already in the Gallery, however, no third-party apps are available.

I don't think the clock faces did anything to it in the gallery. There doesn't seem to be a Build Target available or a way to sideload an app for testing.

Best Answer

I think we need to wait for Fitbit to announce and release the SDKs for the new devices.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

I think it's shocking there's been no activity. Their dev accounts, twitter, news feed etc are all dead. I need to be able to monitor my blood sugar on my watch for when I'm rock climbing.That's one of 3 reasons I have a fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@diabetichiker It's indeed worrying their dev accounts are particularly quiet when there are new devices launch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is unlikely anything will happen prior the release of the Pixel on Thursday October 6th.

It is possible that things may even be released concerning the Fitbit world at the same time given that they are both Google products.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
Yeah, I was thinking that. I’ll just trade in my Fitbit for the pixel Watch since google do good trade in prices, at least here in the UK. Since I know wearOS is compatible with some of the diabetic treatments I use. It’s just a shame because I really enjoy the battery life of Fitbit since I’m camping 3-4 days each time I go on a trip.

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gondwana wrote:

I think we need to wait for Fitbit to announce and release the SDKs for the new devices.

Seems like there are no plans to release SDK for Versa 4 and Sense 2 based on the feedback by Fitbit to this feature suggestion:

3rd Party Apps on Sense 2 and Versa 4 - Fitbit Community

Sounds like these watches are becoming kind of bigger display versions of Charge 5 / Luxe 🙄

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer

What is astonishing is the conflicting information given by Fitbit (moderators, support, blog, manuals, press release, social account....)

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Fully agree - seems like short term decisions or too much copy & paste from Sense / Versa 3?

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer
0 Votes