Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No heartrate measurement with aod clockface?

ANSWERED

If one has the permission to implement an aod clockface he can use your examble at:

https://dev.fitbit.com/blog/2019-12-19-announcing-fitbit-os-sdk-4.1/

There you write sensors has to switched off and in the examble you have the lines

hrm.stop() and hrm.start() depending on the status of the display.

So this says to me if you use an aod clockface you have no heartrate recording while the display is switched off 

Is this really the case?

With the aod clockfaces of Fitbit the heartrate is measured continously - Isn't this possible with 3rd party clockfaces?

Best regards

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The operating system monitors and records heart rate regardless of whether the current clockface uses the heart-rate sensor or not. I think the distinction is that AOD clockfaces are not supposed to update the display more than once a minute in AOD mode, so there's little point having them monitor HR continually. Clockfaces aren't allowed to display values that could be so out-of-date. The same logic applies to steps, etc: the system always monitors and records them, but in AOD the current step count shouldn't be displayed.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

The operating system monitors and records heart rate regardless of whether the current clockface uses the heart-rate sensor or not. I think the distinction is that AOD clockfaces are not supposed to update the display more than once a minute in AOD mode, so there's little point having them monitor HR continually. Clockfaces aren't allowed to display values that could be so out-of-date. The same logic applies to steps, etc: the system always monitors and records them, but in AOD the current step count shouldn't be displayed.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer