Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a Fitbit Studio installed clockface.

ANSWERED

I started looking into Ionic development and built/installed a test clockface based on the template code.

However, I now can't find a way to get rid of it from the watch itself, choosing a different one from the list on my phone app doesn't replace it.

Have I missed something obvious?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You might need to try rebooting the device and force quitting the mobile app. Sorry

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Open the Fitbit mobile app, select your Ionic, then under the "Developer" menu you have the option to delete an app or clock face.

Best Answer

In the "Sideloaded Apps" section?

That's where I thought it would show but nothing appears there at all, it just shows the spinning icon then shows a button saying "No sideloaded apps, reload to refresh". Pressing the reload button just shows the spinning icon again then, after a while, the reload button.

I have an app and a clockface installed from Fitbit Studio.

Best Answer

How can I re-enable a side loaded watchface that is listed in the Developer Menu? It does not appear under Clock Faces.

Best Answer

You might need to try rebooting the device and force quitting the mobile app. Sorry

Best Answer

Hey Jon,

I restarted the watch, restarted the app on the phone, tried to pick a different built-in face but the test face is still on. What should I do?

Thanks,
Ivan

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.

I don't see a developer section in my mobile app (Android version)

Best Answer

This did not work for me. Also no Developer options on my (Android) mobile App. Now I'm stuck with a red watch face.

Best Answer

This did not work. Quit Mobile App, Rebooted watch, rebooted phone, no "Developer" option on (android) mobile app. Now I can't use any other watchface 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried a factory reset of the watch?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Doing that now, but seems a little much to remove or deactivate a watchface

Best Answer

Factory reset reverted the change but this is not acceptable solution. I guess I'll wait until Fitbit developers come up with a decent IDE/debugging/publishing before I start making my own faces/apps.

Best Answer

If you can't see the developer menu in the mobile app, try this:

1. Go to studio.fitbit.com and logout
  2. Go to www.fitbit.com and logout
  3. Logout of the Fitbit mobile app
  4. Go to studio.fitbit.com and login (accept the enrolment if prompted).
  5. Login to the Fitbit mobile app
Best Answer

I have the same issue and a factory reset was the only thing that fixed it.  This needs to be fixed as a factory reset is not a solution that I want to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this is very flaky. If you can get the clockface to appear as a side-loaded app, removing it from there seems to do the trick. But it's hit-or-miss.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Yup. Any sideloaded clockfaces will override gallery installed ones. Uninstall from developer page in the Fitbit app and the gallery installed clockface will show.

Best Answer

I followed JonFitbit's instructions, but with the added steps of also connecting and reinstalling the dev watch face in the studio sdk. Doing this re initialised the dev watch face on the phone and returned the option to delete sideloaded app sin the fitbit phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory reset is not needed, at least I was able to remove my sideloaded app. Go to Fitbit app on phone, account, ionic device, scroll below "clock face, apps, media" etc. First option is Developer menu. open and click sideloaded apps. I was able to remove mine right here. Then I was able to select a clockface normally and it worked. Again, no factory reset required. I hope this works for other people.

Best Answer

This worked for me.  I didn't even have to select a replacement clock face, it reverted back to the original automatically.

Best Answer

Thank You, that was hard to find but I finally got my clock back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes