Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a Fitbit Studio installed clockface.

ANSWERED

I started looking into Ionic development and built/installed a test clockface based on the template code.

However, I now can't find a way to get rid of it from the watch itself, choosing a different one from the list on my phone app doesn't replace it.

Have I missed something obvious?

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Worked for me thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go on the fitbit mobile app, tap on your watch in the top left corner, then click on "developer menu",  you should see the option to delete a watch face.

Best Answer

It is not working for me... Do I need to factory reset?

I have installed a clock face I was build and I cannot install a clock face from the store...

Thanks,

Ral

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Android app there is no Developer menu... The only solution that worked for me was factory reset :). Please Fitbit, you can do more than this... There are more Android phones than iPhones on the market and the Android users want more customizations... Please add that Developer menu on Android asap if this is the only solution to avoid factory reset...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Android app definitely has a developer section.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

On my Android phone the Developer menu takes a few seconds to appear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ral23 wrote:

On Android app there is no Developer menu... The only solution that worked for me was factory reset :). Please Fitbit, you can do more than this... There are more Android phones than iPhones on the market and the Android users want more customizations... Please add that Developer menu on Android asap if this is the only solution to avoid factory reset...

There definitely is a developer menu on Android. Open the app, select your Ionic/Versa, then the developer menu should be in the list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I had the same problem.  Created a fitbit studio clockface and then couldn't get rid of it.  Until I did the following:  Go to the fitbit app-->Go to account-->Select your device, in my case it is ionic-->Select developer menu-->You will see your sideloaded app that you created-->Select delete app.  It will delete the clockface that you created and then your original clock face will display.

Fergy4567

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for you reply. At the moment I posted that issue the Android app did not have that feature... It was added later.

Thank you,

R

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it worth doing it?

Have they found a way to do it?

@ivanp wrote:

Factory reset reverted the change but this is not acceptable solution. I guess I'll wait until Fitbit developers come up with a decent IDE/debugging/publishing before I start making my own faces/apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the mobile app, select your Ionic/Versa, then the developer menu, then delete from there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally worked. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was about to agree with the 'flakiness' of this solution (in fact I agree that a lot of stuff about Fitbit and its companion apps is flaky). The I noticed that under the Developer Menu, the Developer Bridge was turned off. Apparently the app can't see sideloaded apps unless the bridge is turned on. So here's what I did ...

1. Open Fitbit app on mobile device

2. Got to Account -> Ionic -> Developer Menu

3. Let the sideloaded apps section finish loading

4. If no sideloaded apps are shown, turn on Developer Bridge and wait for it to connect to Studio

5. Tap the 'Reload' button to reload the sideloaded apps list

6. Tap your watch face app (or whatever studio app you no longer want)

7. Tap 'Delete' - CAUTION! there is no 'Are you sure?' warning

The watch face should now be the one that it was before this odyssey.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you so much, I couldn't find anything anywhere, and it worked perfectly, I must just be blind xD

Best Answer
0 Votes

There must also be a connection to the Ionic, otherwise there is no sideload-app shown.

The Info "no connection to Ionic" is only very short to see, there is no permanent info about no connection. You have to look the whole time on Display and check that it not goes off at this time because if then the Info appears it is away until you get the display on again 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ran the program I had created when I also encountered that problem, I have a Windows 10 computer so the app had a Developer Menu. If you click on that, then you will see the Sideloaded Apps bit. After it loads, it will show you the app(s) that you have installed. Click the trashbin button at the bottom, this won't erase it, it just removes it from your watch. Just like you want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad that is helped, how about an up-vote? Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Simple, but obvious: Go to Account on the phone app for Fitbit. Scroll down to Customize Display. Uncheck the radio button next to Clock.

@a_funkey_munkey wrote:

Thank You, that was hard to find but I final

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory Reset is the only thing that worked for me (Versa 3)

Best Answer
0 Votes