Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming for Blaze?

Absolutely newbie for FItbit SDK, with profound interest.  However, I joined the FitBit world with nothing more than a Blaze watch.  Is there a way for develop ANY program for Blaze using FitBit SDK or any other kit?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I don't believe there has been, or will ever be a way to program for the Blaze.  The Ionic is the first device with the FitOS (which is what is allowing them to open the API to outside developers).

Please note, this is a totally naive claim as I am in no way connected to Fitbit, but all that I've heard/read from their engineers points to them not back-porting the new OS to older devices.

Best Answer

Fitbit Ionic is the first device which uses Fitbit OS. Unfortunately, previous generation devices are not supported.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not certain how this suddenly become my thread?  The original post is now gone from this thread and living on its own at (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Programming-for-Blaze/m-p/2244307#M720) Might be a bug?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JonFitbit, Do you know if there is a plan to implement Fitbit OS onto the blaze device? I am keen on creating apps/widgets with the SDK, but I currently only own a Blaze device.

Best Answer

Ditto! Very disappointing to not have SDK/API on the Blaze, will certainly limit exposure of anything developed. 😞

Best Answer