Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK 6.1.0 Release

Today we published a minor update to the SDK which resolves some issues relating to the simulator, and provides some additional fonts for Versa 3 and Sense devices.

• Bugfix: Simulator unable to connect due to certificate error.
  • Bugfix: Simulator error when switching device.
  • Feature: New system fonts.

Please note: You must uninstall the old simulator, then install the new version. This is due to a change in publisher certificate.

Windows simulator: https://simulator-updates.fitbit.com/download/stable/win

Macos simulator: https://simulator-updates.fitbit.com/download/stable/mac

When targeting SDK 6.1.0 you can use the following new system fonts:

• FBCondensed-Regular

• FBNucleon-Black

• FBNucleon-Bold

• FBNucleon-Light

• FBNucleon-Medium

• FBNucleon-Regular

• FBNucleon-Thin

• FBRational-Black

• FBRational-Bold

• FBRational-Regular

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

When will you release an SDK for developing apps for the Versa 4?

Best Answer

Isn't there any simulator for Linux?

Best Answer

No. I use Linux and can develop apps for the Sense 2 in my Linux-based browser and use the Windows emulator running in Virtualbox to test it.

Best Answer

@JonFitbit is there any update regarding an SDK for Sense 2 and Versa 4 devices? 

Best Answer

Will there be any new SDK? Esp any news for supporting Sense 2 and Versa 4 which has been released for almost 6 months? Thanks.

Best Answer

Now we finally know, 

The Sense 2 and Versa 4 lack third-party app support, and that’s not going to change. Fitbit told 9to5Google today that it does “not have plans to offer third party apps on these health and wellness focused devices.”

https://9to5google.com/2023/02/17/fitbit-studio/

Best Answer

That's great, but any news on when the SDK will be supporting Sense 2 and Versa 4?  This is an ommission that means those nice new shiny devices, don't do half of what theyr predecessors did.

Best Answer

Hi @IanV66 - unfortunately the removal of Fitbit Studio has not been combined with any announcement of an SDK for the Sense 2 or Versa 4 so that tells you everything. Development for Fitbit is being sidelined. Nothing new or better has been proposed.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Its ridiculous.  At the moment I can't even login to the Studio to do anything on Sense v1 etc.

Its starting to feel like Google just want fitbot to disappear into their own products - but when the Pixel Watch - or whatever its called doesn't even last a day on a full charge and my sense lasts a a minimum of 5 days and the sense 2 well over a week, there is no way.

Best Answer

@IanV66- agreed, the Pixel is not a competitor to the Fitbits. But other makes are.

For the login to Studio, there were some outages just recently - see if this helps Solved: Can't access my projects in Studio

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer