Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll view in a clock face

ANSWERED

I have a clock face that opens a secondary view, which is a scroll view. I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to use the back button to close the secondary view to return to the clock face? Clock faces don't seem to listen to button events like apps do.
  2. Is there any way to disable the notification interface (from bottom) and music interface (from top) in a clock face? It makes the scroll view impossible to use because you're constantly opening these other menus.

Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You cannot listen to events from the physical buttons on clock faces. More complex UI are mean to be apps and not clock faces.

As for the default interfaces when you swipe down from top or top from down, there is no way to deactivate them. It's the default behaviour of the smart watch. If you don't scroll from near the top or bottom, you will be able to scroll without any issues.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

You cannot listen to events from the physical buttons on clock faces. More complex UI are mean to be apps and not clock faces.

As for the default interfaces when you swipe down from top or top from down, there is no way to deactivate them. It's the default behaviour of the smart watch. If you don't scroll from near the top or bottom, you will be able to scroll without any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I note that this thread is now two years old, but has this restriction changed in any way since that time?

I'm facing the exact same issue now: I have a button on my watch face that shows a short, scrollable Tile List of items to select.  It's impossible to dismiss without selecting an option, and swiping from the bottom causes Fitbit Today to pop up.  Both of these things make for rather terrible UX, and "don't scroll from near the top or bottom" wouldn't be a great requirement for users either.

If I could get confirmation either way, I will update and close my corresponding question on Stack Overflow.  Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same problem. After migrating from sdk4.2 to sdk5 the scrolling starting at the middle of the screen no longer works. It's always a system scroll. I'm still using the Scrollview with one Scrollview Item which is a textarea with a Done button at the top in the header. Except now I have a tap overlay that splits the screen into top and bottom half and the user can page the text up or down under control of the program. You need to make sure there are no more than 5 lines in any page. Not very elegant, but it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes