Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting very simple clock face on versa 2

I downloaded the example sdk-moment-master file, removed the companion and settings folders, and tried to run the build.

I modified the package.json to use SDK version 4.2, to build to the Versa 2.

The build succeeded, but I got the error message:

Sideload of app failed. Connected device does not support API version requested by app.

I'm probably doing something stupid, but I don't have any ideas.

Help?

Thanks,

Tiggy626

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

What exact SDK version did you specify, and what firmware version does your watch have?

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes
SDK version 4.2

I think the firmware version is found under About>Version?

Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks,
Tiggy626
Best Answer
0 Votes

More or less, yes. 35.70.7.14 can only run SDK 4.1. If you've got a reasonably up-to-date companion device and Fitbit mobile app, you should be able to get it up to about 35.71.6.12 or more, which will run SDK 4.2.

If your watch is new, it can take a day or two for updated firmware to become available for it.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue as OP. I just fired the watch up out of the box yesterday and suspected the firmware was the problem. I have been trying to force the update. Is there any way to 'make' the watch update? It's pretty frustrating as I bought the watch only to use as a prototyping device. I needed something with an accelerometer and this fit the bill. I'm a complete novice and anxious to get started and learn!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't make the update come sooner than it will, but you can develop for older firmware.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response. in the package.json, I only see the option for SDK versions 5.0 and 4.2. I guess I just have to wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're using SDK, you can easily change package.json to any other valid SDK.

If you're using Studio, that might still be possible, but some extra steps are required and there's no guarantee that older SDKs are still available.

It's probably not worthwhile doing this because your new firmware should come through soon.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

You were right, it updates to 35.71.6.19. Now I can't connect to the developer bridge, which wasn't an issue before. I have tried resetting the watch and the network. I think I'm going to just wait it out for a day or 2. So frustrating. I bought this thing only as a prototyping device and I can't get it running. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a temporary server outage. You should be good to go now.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes