Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send the Fitbit measurements to an own server.

ANSWERED

Good Morning,

I need a device that measures physiological signals as the heart rate or the blood oxygen level or EDA. Also, I need to push in real-time the measurements to my server. Access in real-time to the data is critical for me. I am thinking to purchase a Fitbit Sense device for this purpose.

My first option is to connect the Fitbit Sense to a computer using the Bluetooth connection, extract the measurements and send the data to my server using software created with the Fitbit's SDK. The second way is to develop an application in the watch that extract the data and send it to my server using the wifi connection (I don't know if it is possible). The last option is to extracts the data from the Fitbit's server with the API. I want to know if with these three options, I can get the data in real-time in my server and if I can access to all the measurements (level of oxygen, heart rate, blood pressure) available in the watch and push it to my server in real-time.

I have seen that the Fitbit Sense have a wifi connection and I think that I don't need a mobile phone connected to the Fitbit for the three alternatives is it correct?

Thanks for your attention.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your only option for real(ish)-time data is none of the above. Fitbit devices can only communicate directly with a companion app that runs on a phone/tablet. The companion app runs within the confines of the Fitbit mobile app. It can onforward the data to a server. In general, the server needs to have https (and not self-signed). Using that architecture, I've managed to stream accelerometer data at 60Hz across the planet — but it wasn't easy!

I don't think the Fitbit API currently provides SPO2 data, and I don't think any Fitbit device has a blood pressure sensor.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Your only option for real(ish)-time data is none of the above. Fitbit devices can only communicate directly with a companion app that runs on a phone/tablet. The companion app runs within the confines of the Fitbit mobile app. It can onforward the data to a server. In general, the server needs to have https (and not self-signed). Using that architecture, I've managed to stream accelerometer data at 60Hz across the planet — but it wasn't easy!

I don't think the Fitbit API currently provides SPO2 data, and I don't think any Fitbit device has a blood pressure sensor.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thank you so much for your help, you have solved all my questions.

Best Answer

Is it a possibility to share the code to send that data at 60hz?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bsteenwi  hey any luck with code? I am also doing similar work. Thanks.
@Gondwana Please help with sharing code if possible.Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes