Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 and Versa 4 development

When will developers be able to develop for these watches?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Yes this will be good to know. Users on the product boards are (rightly) getting upset that they can't use their favourite apps and faces.

Although one user (here) claims to have coded his own watch face. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Users should be upset that they bought a new device without backward compatibility with their favorite apps. It wouldn't be as bad if there were developer tools and third-party developers could at least update their apps, but the tools do not exist.

Now, Fitbit is completely silent on this issue which does not bode well. I am very tempted to return my Sense 2 device because of the lack of third-party apps.

Best Answer

Once again, Fitbit letting down the developers that are creating content which helps brings users to their devices.

Same problem as when they released the Versa 3 and Sense and treating it as a new breaking version of the SDK released weeks AFTER the devices.

Except this time, they have randomly picked some apps/clockfaces to be flagged as compatible (even though in my experience they are not...as from what i can see from users, messaging isn't working)

Best Answer

Indeed they have changed/messed up something with the messaging, changing theme in settings for Fitbits own "supported" Pleat clock face isn't reflected on the watch either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having pulled support for my watch face, already had people asking why the face they had on their Sense is t there on Sense 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

No plans to release SDK for Versa 4 and Sense 2 at all based on the feedback to that feature suggestion?
3rd Party Apps on Sense 2 and Versa 4 - Fitbit Community

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems that the decision has changed at least a little bit?

3rd October version:

sancho90_0-1664889014223.png

4th October statement:

sancho90_0-1664979185977.png

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer

Thought I'd take a stab at developing for the device my wife purchased for me and for herself.  After spending a fair amount of time trying to get a development environment going, I discovered that it doesn't appear Fitbit is keeping up development for their own products!  This is very unfortunate and frustrating!  There appears to be little movement on this given the age of the conversation here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BrettYeagley  I think the only way forward is to try to use the beta SDK. There are several threads on this; eg, here.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BrettYeagley - what you can do is develop for a Sense or Versa 3 watch with the documented SDK and available OS Simulator and once that is working try what @Gondwana suggests.

Of course as there is no documentation/SDK for the Sense 2/Versa 4 there can be quite a few things that don't work the same and that can only be tested on the watch.

To do that create a GAM project add your build and load it to the watch via the private link.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes