Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator Failed to Start - Connection Refused.

Installed the simulator yesterday and it worked great.  But today I get "Simulator failed to start: connect ECONREFUSED 127.0.0.1:63981   The studio sees the simulator and says its connected thou, but list new available devices.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Same issue here

Best Answer

Is this on Windows? Using an AMD GPU? If so, it's an issue we're aware of and investigating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What type of graphics card do you have in your machine? I believe we have a known issue with some AMD ones. We're working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines a Nvidia 1060 GTX 6GB,   Windows 10 pro.  Chrome browser.   It worked fine again after a reboot yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im running an AMD GPU, still no luck.AMD Radeon R4 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FWIW, I get an ECONREFUSED message in Visual Studio Code when I block its internet access with a firewall. I understand that Visual Studio Code has Electron at its core, as does the Fitbit simulator. This is why I suspect that the problem is firewall, or at least internet access, related.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting the same issue with a non AMD windows PC as well. I connect, run the app in fitbit studio, it disconnects and I then get the same message.

Best Answer

Ok guys, after the update i can now connect to the simulator but now there is a new issue. The ionic simulator keeps giving me an error, the versa works fine but when I try to run the app on the ionic simulator i just get the connection error again. If I check the settings on the ionic simulator i get 'failed to load application list' under installed applications, this is not the case on the versa version.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Same issue. Was working fine for both ionic and versa simulator. Went to make another versa face when it stopped working. Ionic simulator works, but versa (the one I actually need) doesn't. Error when running clock face.  😬 

Best Answer

That's what I'm getting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue every time on Windows in Virtualbox.
output:
https://pastebin.com/EPCzhLNs

Pls, release Fitbit simulator for Linux

Best Answer

I believe there's a specific issue with the graphics drivers in VirtualBox: you might wish to try VMWare instead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same message here. My workstation has an Nvidia card. In my case, the problem was nothing to do with graphics, it's the TCP/IP socket connection (or along those lines). My high-end workstation sits in the bedroom which is not so convenient for sitting on the couch with my feet up. So sitting on the couch with my feet up, I'm using Remote Desktop to access my workstation from my feeble laptop (yes, I'll go get some exercise later 😉  Anyway, if I try to start the Simulator through RD (Studio and Simulator are both running on the workstation), I get the ECONNREFUSED error. If I get off my butt, walk all the way to the bedroom and start the Simulator on the workstation locally, then go back and restart the (now disconnected) RD session on my laptop, everything works fine. Easy workaround and I probably need the exercise 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also getting the "Simulator failed to start" message. I'm running Windows 7 on a tardy old Intel box with just on-board VGA.

I never could get my head round why it could be a firewall issue when it's only dealing with localhost, but disabled all firewall (and related) software just to test .. no difference. Besides, "netstat -b" shows that "Fitbit OS Simulator.exe" has already established 4 TCP/IP connections from 127.0.0.1 to 4 ports on the same machine.

If one of the Fitbit dev guys wants to send me a version of the simulator with debug enabled, please PM me. I'm happy to help get this fixed.

Best Answer

The localhost related error is somewhat misleading, generally it just means one of the components of the simulator failed to start, and so the UI component failed to connect.

There are log files you can look at that may give more of an idea what's happening:

OS X: ~/Library/Logs/Fitbit OS Simulator/log.log

Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator\log.log

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply Liam.

I've taken a look at the logfiles and, unfortunately, I'm non-the-wiser. Is there a way to increase the verbosity of the logging?

Would it be of interest to you if I were to forward my logfiles? If so, do you have a preferred way of receiving the information? I've also noticed an AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator\sentry\breadcrumbs.json file. Is that of interest?

Thanks and regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They're verbose by default. You can DM me log files on here for me to take a look at. It'd help if you provided full information about your system too, in particular what graphics card and OS version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bumped into the same issue on Windows 10...

Anyone got solved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Running into the same issue with VirtualBox and Wine 😕

Best Answer