Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stargazer watchface, problems with accuracy

I looked to see if I could find a link to the developer for this watchface, but was unable to.  Hopefully I can find some help here.  I like the watchface, but am having problems with accuracy of the steps and calories values.  The steps and the calories do not match the steps and the calories when I click Today on the watch. Synching with the app on the phone does not help.  I would assume these would match.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I'm the developer, happy to help if I can.  I'll look into it -- the stats should be pulled from the SDK, I'm wondering where this is going wrong.  Can you give any examples of how far off it is?  I've noticed some stats may be slightly different depending on update frequency/etc., but by different I'm usually seeing a few steps, for example, or a few calories, nothing major.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  Here's an example from the data that I have today.

The watchface is showing calories = 712 and steps = 2028.  If I go to the Today app on the watch, it says calories = 730 and steps = 2467.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is probably the difference between `local` and `adjusted` values. Local values are what the device thinks, and Adjusted are what the server thinks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that, but there are other watchfaces that do not act this way.  For instance, the default one that came with the fitbit always shows whatever is under the Today app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

I understand that, but there are other watchfaces that do not act this way.  For instance, the default one that came with the fitbit always shows whatever is under the Today app.

If this clock is using the `local` value, then it should switch to `adjusted`, or vice versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes