Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions on how to speed up Image File transfer

ANSWERED

Hey guys,

Any suggestions on how to speed up the Image File Transfer process to display an image to the watch? Here is what I have on my companion app code:

function compressAndTransferImage(imageToTransfer) {
Image.from(JSON.parse(imageToTransfer).imageUri).then(image => image.export("image/jpeg")).then(buffer => outbox.enqueue(`${Date.now()}.jpg`, buffer));
}

I thought about reducing the quality as shown in the sample code, however I feel it make the image look not that good on the watch, but if that helps to make it slightly faster then I will do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Reducing quality is your only option, I think (assuming you're not sending larger images than needed). The watch only displays 16-bit colour and has fairly high DPI, so compression artefacts aren't very obvious.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Reducing quality is your only option, I think (assuming you're not sending larger images than needed). The watch only displays 16-bit colour and has fairly high DPI, so compression artefacts aren't very obvious.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thanks Gondwana, wish it was faster... hopefully we get improvements for that on the next SDK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Gondwana, I noticed that an ImagePicker folder is created when using the ImagePicker on the companion App, at least I can see that on Android, is there a way to delete that folder after selecting an image? I know it is an empty folder, but still I don't want to generate "trash" to the user's phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes