Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install firmware

ANSWERED

My Ionic will not download and install with the app... not with my iPhone, not with my iPad.  FitBit customer service shows me connected to my WiFi, but device does not show it.  When it finally does log into my wifi, goes through the entire download and install stages, then errors out at the end.  I have restarted, shut down, factory reset three separate times to no avail.  I have spent the last two days trying to get this fixed.  Nothing works and nobody can seem to help me.  Frustrated beyond belief

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sorry you're having problems. I have now removed you from the developer preview.

Please try the following:

1. Remove the Ionic from your Fitbit account, it it exists 
  2. Delete the bluetooth pairing in system settings, if it exists
  3. Factory reset your Ionic (Press and hold all buttons until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button, keep holding the other buttons until you feel a vibration).
  4. You'll probably see a red X, just ignore that.
  5. Add the Ionic back into your account, pair it, then install the firmware.

Let me know how you get on.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Sorry you're having problems. I have now removed you from the developer preview.

Please try the following:

1. Remove the Ionic from your Fitbit account, it it exists 
  2. Delete the bluetooth pairing in system settings, if it exists
  3. Factory reset your Ionic (Press and hold all buttons until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button, keep holding the other buttons until you feel a vibration).
  4. You'll probably see a red X, just ignore that.
  5. Add the Ionic back into your account, pair it, then install the firmware.

Let me know how you get on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still wouldn't locate my wifi, but i am trying to download / install with the bluetooth....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting "Wi Fi Firmware Update Failure" message.  The app shows my Ionic connected, however, the update / install will not successfully complete.  the Ionic shows no connection.  

Before doing the restart, if I went On the Ionic, if I go to Setting > About> IP Address, it shows "WiFi Turned Off"

Best Answer
0 Votes

will not install with bluetooth either.... does not find my wifi.  keep getting "Wi-fi Firmware Update Failure" message.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

did not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nocluewhatswron You need to ensure the battery is charged to at least 45% for a WiFi firmware update, and Ionic doesn't support 5ghz WiFi networks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge was at 100%.  I confirmed everything was as it required with two different Fitbit tech support agents. I restored factory settings about three different times,  reset the watch about ten times.  It said the device couldn’t connect to WiFi when your agents showed it connected on your end.  If it completed the download and installation I got an error message at the end saying it was not able to complete. I deleted the device from my account five times and reinstalled. I shut my phone down, shut the tablet down. Turned off the Bluetooth, restarted the Bluetooth.  Could not change clockface because no apps were available.  Logged out of my Fitbit account and logged back in.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi... sorry my felay to reply.
The "major firmare update" serms to tske about 48hrs......
Just let it go..... it willl eventually update succesfully

... it tripped me out, let me say this.

Once completed, go to "about"
See version...

Correct me if I'm incorrect.

Hope this helps you. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes