Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to fitbit os simulator

ANSWERED

After starting the fitbit OS Simulator I get the Login screen.
I tried to use Google to Login.
But I don' t get the selection of my Google acoount.
I get the field to enter my mailaddress an Password.

After click Login I get the following message  that this browser or app is not secure.
Use an other browser or refresh screen if you using a supported browser.

How can I use the os Simulator?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What I wound up doing was a "forgot my password" reset, using my Gmail as the email I needed to reset. It's a work around, but it works

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Thanks for letting us know. I've logged this for the Tools team to investigate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still an issue.  I have tried enabling less secure app login to my Google account, and it still is not working.  Does anyone have a workaround?

Edit:  I figured out a workaround, and it may be a hassle for fitbit servers, but if it is just to test your apps on hardware you do not have, you can create a new account with a different email and use the email option (not gmail).  I know this is annoying, but it does work.  It could even be an email address, it just cannot use the Google SSO.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still an issue, is there any update on when this will be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not only is this still an issue, but my workaround does not work because the simulator needs to be logged into the same account as the dev.  So, this is still an issue.

Best Answer

Cant believe it is taking months to fix a login issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure I had the same problem, but, I also couldn't log in.

It did work for me after I uninstalled the simulator and then reloaded it using the link in Fitbit Studio.

The beginning of my issue seemed to be when the SDK updated.

I use CLI, so I had updated the JSON files for the current CLI and SDK versions, but had not correctly done executed the npm update command.

Not sure if that was even remotely helpful, but good luck,

Reign

Best Answer
0 Votes

7 months and this is still an issue, do you have any update?

Version 0.8.3 here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still going strong. Google tells me it is unsecure and to use a different browser when i try to log in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I opend my issue 7 months ago, and there is no solution for it.
I think fitbit or Google isn't interessted any more to have external developers for creating new apps or features.
Without a working Simulator it is not possible to check if an application is displayed correct on an other device like ionic.

I'm realy disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I wound up doing was a "forgot my password" reset, using my Gmail as the email I needed to reset. It's a work around, but it works

Best Answer

I did the same thing.  If you don't your gmail address already used as a mechanism to login, you can register it.  That allows you use email and password to launch the simulator.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks it also worked for me.

But it's realy strange, that this issue cant be fixed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still can't log into a Google Account on the simulator (9 months since post)

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's a work-a-round for this.  See above posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes