Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating weather and update notification

First enwuiry for  a while. I have weather running on a watch face I am working on. I used the method in the documentation. It all works fine, but i can not find any information regarding how to inform the user the weather is connecting and updating, I have created a my own workaround but this may not be as simple (and memory lite) as the right method, so some tips would welcome.

On a second note, every time I install the watch face for the first time it takes about 10 -15 seconds after install to fetch the weather data. Weirdly, when I just go into other apps and then back out, it then only takes a couple of seconds to fetch the weather, this seems consistent across andorid and IOS devices (even though in general IOS is quicker at returning the information). Is there a reason for the delay on first install and is there away I can cache the weather so to avoid the 2 second delay when the user returns to the watch face from another app.

Please, remember, I am using the code from the documentation to fetch the weather. 

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Just a guess...

The delay on first run that you're seeing is due to the app being installed and transpiled (maybe) on the device. All of my large apps take 10-13 seconds before they wake up for the first time, even if they don't have much to do when they start running.

You could test this theory by doing a console.log() call at the top of your app/index.js, and see how long it takes before that appears.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes