Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version of HTML used in Fitbit

ANSWERED

What version of HTML is used in Fitbit? I found out that the device uses ES5.1 but I'm not familiar with the .gui extension and can only assume that it is based on some version of HTML or a subset which Fitbit then customized. Would there also be an extensive (sorted) list of all the possible elements that can be used in .gui files together with documentation and their usable attributes? Because finding something in the guides can be cumbersome with everything being quite spread out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey, I hope the following info Helps Smiley Happy

On the devs guide, Fitbit states the following: 

Three core technologies — SVG, CSS and JavaScript — provide structure, presentation and behaviour to the user interface of a Fitbit application. 

So SVG is used for structure (instead of HTML).

You can find more info on SVG & SVG elements on sites like https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Element 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey, I hope the following info Helps Smiley Happy

On the devs guide, Fitbit states the following: 

Three core technologies — SVG, CSS and JavaScript — provide structure, presentation and behaviour to the user interface of a Fitbit application. 

So SVG is used for structure (instead of HTML).

You can find more info on SVG & SVG elements on sites like https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Element 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well now it makes sense why every example I've seen has been inside an svg (can't believe I never made a connection). This wil certainly help me in figuring out more details about the possibilities with the gui elements 🙂 Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently the site isn't working and i don't know how to use a html file in svg can you help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

HTML isn't used. The layout is declared using a subset of the SVG language, within .gui files. The overall architecture is described here.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your email
Best Answer
0 Votes