Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch app closing on start-up without any logs

ANSWERED

After a few days of working, my app seems to have decided to stop.

I'm testing my fitbit app on a physical versa and it crashed on startup with no logs:

fitbit$ build-and-install

> fitbit-build

[10:06:08][info][app] Building app for Fitbit Ionic
[10:06:09][info][app] Building app for Fitbit Versa
[10:06:09][info][app] Building app for Fitbit Versa Lite
[10:06:09][info][companion] Building companion
[10:06:09][info][settings] Building settings
[10:06:09][info][build] App UUID: [UUID here], BuildID: [BuildID here]
No app package specified. Reloading ./build/app.fba.
Loaded appID:[UUID here] buildID:[BuildID here]
App install complete (partial)
Companion install complete (full)
Launching app
[10:06:16 AM] App: App Started

And then poof, it flashes the icon of the app then closes.

I've managed to check how much memory it uses as it sometimes is able to get farther than other times. It's at about half, which seems normal? (31248/65528)

It's also fairly random, commenting out the entire app leads to the same issue of not starting-up and sometimes just commenting the app back in leads to it working fine for the first time but closing it leads to the same thing where opening it causes a close on start-up.

I'm also using a companion component if that matters with a hefty .gui file with several png's and animations. Regardless, commenting this out does not change anything.

I've tried factory resetting the versa, changing the app's uuid, and everything else under the sun.

Surprise me with answers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Solved, it's running out of CPU.

While the simulator has access to a lot more resources, the physical device does not have the luxury. It's not memory since I'm only using half. The big issue here is that no logging is being done so you really don't know what's going on. Please consider adding more consistent crash logs. 

PROTIP: if your app is getting big enough, use display: none if you're not already. visibility: hidden uses up resources and will eventually just destroy your app.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Solved, it's running out of CPU.

While the simulator has access to a lot more resources, the physical device does not have the luxury. It's not memory since I'm only using half. The big issue here is that no logging is being done so you really don't know what's going on. Please consider adding more consistent crash logs. 

PROTIP: if your app is getting big enough, use display: none if you're not already. visibility: hidden uses up resources and will eventually just destroy your app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

How were you able to figure out you were running out of CPU? I think I am facing a similar problem 😞

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Printing out js memory wasn't yielding any answers and I was getting crashing without any logs. The tell-tale sign something was overloaded was really slow animations.

Best Answer