Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchfaces causing reboot (need logs)

Is there a way to receive logs from a customer using my watchface?  They claim that my watchface is causing the Versa to continually reboot and I do not see any issues with my program nor did I find any issues while I was testing for several weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Good question. The watchface I developed is rebooting my Versa left and right, and I cannot imagine why.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Versa-crashes-and-reboots-often-when-side-loading-my...

When I'm connected to the dev server, logs are not helping me. What I'd like to see is a core-dump.

In any case, I suspect that getting logs from an arbitrary user introduces an additional set of complications.

The only way I can think of is to modify the code to store your logs in a local file on the watch (as it logs them), and add a button that your user can click to send those stored logs to the companion app, and from there to a server that you control.

But if there is an officially supported way to do this kind of thing, that would be most helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There shouldn't be a way for your app to crash the device. I'd recommend a few things:

1. Ask them to try one of the Fitbit clocks and confirm that the device isn't restarting.

2. If it's definitely just your clock face, then they should contact customer support.

Best Answer
0 Votes