Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find Hourly Step

ANSWERED

I am trying to add Hourly Steps to my clock face, but have not been able to find the value in any of my searches. Does the value really exist or does it need to be calculated in the clock face logic?     If I need to calculate it, how do I keep the calculation running when the clock face is not displayed?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ideally, you need to keep a record of the step count at the start of the hour.This is easy when your clockface is running and the display is on because you'll get ontick events.

If your clockface wasn't running at the start of the hour, you can usually reconstruct the figure (nearly) using activity history.

If your clockface is running but the display is off, you can use getTimeout to capture the number at the start of the hour, but it might be simpler to just use activity history as above.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @JBDow - you can check on the hour how many steps were done, but if you are going to do reminders it gets more complicated.

Have a look at SimpleClockPro which shows steps done [or left to do] so far this hour, along with reminders to move at 40, 50 & 55' minutes and Steps This Hour history. It's quite a challenge!

SimpleClockPro steps per hourSimpleClockPro steps per hour

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ideally, you need to keep a record of the step count at the start of the hour.This is easy when your clockface is running and the display is on because you'll get ontick events.

If your clockface wasn't running at the start of the hour, you can usually reconstruct the figure (nearly) using activity history.

If your clockface is running but the display is off, you can use getTimeout to capture the number at the start of the hour, but it might be simpler to just use activity history as above.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your answer does not directly state it, I am inferring that the Steps Per Hour value does not exist.  With some help from other posts, I have created logic to calculate the value.  

Best Answer
0 Votes