Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Clock suggestion, Pau Tomas?

ANSWERED

My apologies if this is inappropriate, but I was interested in getting in touch with Pau Tomas, developer of the World Clock app, I have a couple of suggestions, but the app listing does not have any contact info for him. Does anybody  have contact info for him?
TIA!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul,

Feel free to post your suggestions here, contact me via private message on the forum or get in contact with me in the Fitbit Discord server (I’m pautomas over there).

Thanks!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Paul,

Feel free to post your suggestions here, contact me via private message on the forum or get in contact with me in the Fitbit Discord server (I’m pautomas over there).

Thanks!

Best Answer

I'll just post it here then.

I wanted to suggest including the timezone of 'Universal' or 'GMT' or both. Yes, I can select London time, but don't they do stupid daylight savings time like the US does so it moves around? For pilots, we need Universal time, we're constantly having to convert back and forth.

Best Answer

This is a good suggestion, I'll check what's the best way to implement it (as currently the database I'm using is based around countries I might need to do some tinkering).

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the topic of daylight saving, all the times now still seem to be on summer time so are one hour too late...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suggestion on how to add UTC/GMT to your database. Reykjavik, Iceland remains on UTC all year long, without going on Daylight Savings Time. You could probably copy the values for this city, and rename it either UTC or GMT and change the country name to the same.

I am using your app on my Fitbit, but am using the Reykjavik entry for UTC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

World Clock issue

Mr Tomas,

Ive been having an issue with world clock app. Up until about 3days ago the app worked great! No issues... however, now it just displays NaN:NaN for the dates and aN:aN for any of the times. I’ve tried everything (restart phone, delete/reload app, Bluetooth troubleshooting, WiFi connecting/sync) and not sure where to go next. Any recommendations?

thanks for any help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I've used your app a lot as we travel all over the world. But it does not seen to recognise daylight saving. 

I'm from the UK and the clocks have just gone forward. My phone recognises this but your app does not. 

Whilst on GMT the clock showed the right time locally and in the UK. Although the app stubbornly insists a time difference of 6:30 instead of 5:30.  BST is only 4:30 behind 

Now the time is still 5:30 behind which is wrong. Makes the app pretty useless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 66up,

Thanks for your comment. Due to some limitations with the source of the time zone data the information is cached on the decide for around 24 hours. The right time should appear soon.

You can try manually refreshing the data from the setting of the app. This should redownload the information and, hopefully, show you the right time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get your "World Clock" by Pau Tomas app for my Fitbit Versa 2 to show the times of all the cities in 12 hour am/pm format instead of 24 hour military style format. I have verified that my profile on www.fitbit.com shows it is set in "Clock Display Time" for 12 hour am/pm format in Personal Info/Advanced Settings. Changing it to 24 hour format and then back to 12 hour format does not fix it.

What can I do to fix this so the "World Clock" app on my Versa 2 only shows 12 hour am/pm format? Is this a bug?

Best Answer
0 Votes