Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

css animations

ANSWERED

Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying an Ionic to create some apps but first i need to know some things.

I've read the sdk documentation on the website regarding the differences between web css and the css used in the sdk but haven't seen anything regarding animations in css. I see the're possible in js and svg.

Is it possible to use the css transition property and animation with css keyframes?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Let me clear it up for you.

Forget everything you already know about CSS and SVG.

The only similarity between the internet's CSS and Ionic's CSS is the stuff you learn in kindergarten. Everything you learn in the second day of class is different.

Same with SVG. The only similarity it has with the internet's SVG is that they are both written in XML.

JavaScript is pretty ok.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Let me clear it up for you.

Forget everything you already know about CSS and SVG.

The only similarity between the internet's CSS and Ionic's CSS is the stuff you learn in kindergarten. Everything you learn in the second day of class is different.

Same with SVG. The only similarity it has with the internet's SVG is that they are both written in XML.

JavaScript is pretty ok.

Best Answer

JavaScript is pretty ok.

Nah. You should also forget everything you've learnt the second day about writing efficient JavaScript, as the virtual machine used in Ionic (JerryScript) has no JIT :). Thus, "good practices" significantly differs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you guys!

Best Answer
0 Votes