Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enqueueFile clarification

I have a few questions about the enqueuFile method to transfer a file to the companion.

1) Looking at the files on the simulator, it appears that the method makes a copy of the file before being transferred to the companion.  Is that right?

2) Assuming it makes a copy, does this mean the method will return success only after the copy has been completed?  I ask because I'd like to delete the original once it's queued since a copy has been made.

3) If for whatever reason the companion isn't running (is that possible?) or just doesn't accept the file (which is possible), will the file attempt to be sent every time the app starts?

4) Currently each app is limited to 15 mb, does this include the files that are enqueued?  I don't except to need to worry about that but I'm on the subject...

5) I don't see a way to return a status of any kind from the companion.  Is it possible to return a failed status?  My process is to send the file to a web site immediately since there's no way to save the file directly on the companion (there's no FS library on the companion).  If that process fails, I'd like to retry the send at some other time be returning a failed response.

Thanks,

Rich

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0