Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heart rate, accelerometer, and gyroscope data

Dear Developers Community and Fitbit Official Support,

I'm conducting research at the Technical University of Munich, focusing on monitoring heart rate, accelerometer, and gyroscope data. We are considering the Fitbit Sense for this purpose. I'm interested in understanding whether this device can support the downloading of data recorded throughout the day at intervals of either 1 minute through the web api or any other way.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @asif8787 

Heart rate data can be downloaded through the Web API in increments of 1min.  We call this data Heart Rate Intraday.   The accelerometer and gyroscope data is available through the Device SDK.   You'll need to develop a clockface for the Fitbit Sense to download those data points.   I'm moving your post to the Device SDK forums In case you have any questions about how to do that.   The developer community can help answer your questions.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer

Hi @asif8787 - only the original Versa and Sense have a Gyroscope. If you want to see this in action have a look at the SimpleSleep app.

As @GordonFitbit says, you can capture the information using a clock face on a continuous basis. But bear in mind that if a user switches to an app (eg. To do an exercise or other functions) the clock face totally stops running.

Also when the display blanks the clock face partially stops working unless you program it to work in stopped mode which might take a hit on the battery life.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes