Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

onMouseMove event listener doesn't fire if click remains stationary for 2 seconds then moves

Like the subject says.  I have listener set up on a full screen rect and it works as expected, except that onmousemove will only fire if you start moving immediately.  If you click and hold for 2 seconds then start moving it does not trigger the onmousemove function, but the odd part is that the onmouseup event will still trigger.  I have tried getting the element and assigning the properties directly for the event and by using the addEventListener function, but neither work.
I've even stripped down my app to just the rect and listeners and it still persists.

/*
 * Entry point for the watch app
 */
import * as document from "document";
import { me as device } from "device";

let clickPanel = document.getElementById("clickPanel");

clickPanel.addEventListener("mousedown", (event) => {
  console.log("mousedown");
});

clickPanel.addEventListener("mousemove", (event) => {
  console.log("mousemove");
});

clickPanel.addEventListener("mouseup", (event) => {
  console.log("mouseup");
});

Has anyone else seen this where the mousemove function seems to stop working?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Honestly I have not experienced that with my apps, however it seems very difficult on the watch to tap and hold without registering any move for a full 2 sec, so it may have not come up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's somewhat possible that the system interprets that input on a clockface as a long-touch, which is reserved for system use.

mousemove is also problematic on clockfaces (on recent devices) because the system uses swipe gestures in all directions.

Non-clockface apps may behave better.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes