Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"None of app/index.ts or app/index.js are present in the project."

I am trying to load in the tutorials and I keep getting this error. Even using some opensource programs is giving me this same error. I checked everything and I'm honestly unsure what the issue is. I'm sure this is a really straightforward thing to fix, but could someone help me with this? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Are you using Fitbit studio?  If so, and you click on App in the tree on the left, do you see a file named index.ts or index.js? under app?  I believe that the message is saying that you don't, but you need one or the other.

If this doesn't help, can you expand all nodes in the tree and post a screen grab?

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am yes, and yes I do. That is what the message seems to be saying, but I do see a file here with that. Here is an image of a program I loaded that I got from the Ossapps github (so I know it SHOULD be working). Snap of tree

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pic not loading, here is a link: https://imgur.com/ofr92MB

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which app did you download?

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

Waterlogged. From here: https://github.com/TylerLeonhardt/Water-Logged

The templates loaded in fine (the ones that show up when you create a new project). I just can't even open a sample project that Fitbit has posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the code and copied it into a blank project.  I also created the secrets.json file as described in the README file (I used the exact code in the README so I don't expect  the app to actually work).  I also omitted some files that I believe were created by Fitbit studio.

Capture.JPG

I am able to build and run the app, although it fails.

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue is that you have all of the files you imported from GitHub in a folder. The "app" folder must be in the root of the project. Right now, you have everything in a folder called "Water-Logged-master". Move all the files into the root and you should be good.

Best Answer
0 Votes