Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"today.local.calories" not showing correctly on some fitbit devices

ANSWERED

Recently, I'm developing clock faces for fitbit (both Ionic and Versa), and received a few reports about the calories display is different from the Today stats and the fitbit app. (Would happen on Ionic or Versa) E.g. the Today stat shows calories burned 1940 but the clock face shows 1636; the Fitbit states 400+ calories, but the clock face only states about 200+ calories.

The users confirmed they have allowed all the permission the clock face needed and also enabled the all-day sync. Firmware and the fitbit app should be the latest version.

I didn't meet this problem on my Ionic and it looks like a rare case comparing with the other reports/ suggestions I have received.

Similar to the other activity stat, I'm getting from the "user-activity"

import {today} from "user-activity";

Calling "today.local.steps; today.local.calories; today.local.elevationGain; today.local.activeMinutes"

The activity stat will be updated whenever an ontick event occurs.

I have been trying to look into what problem is in my code but due to my limited knowledge, I cannot find any clue for this issue...

So, please help share any of your thoughts regarding to this issue so that I could try fixing the issue.

Let me know if any information is needed for further advise.

Thank you very much!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try using today.adjusted...

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Don_KAMON

I've moved your post to the SDK development forum, you will receive a better response here. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Try using today.adjusted...

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

@N8teGee, Thank you very much for re-directing!

@Gondwana, Thank you very much for your advise! I will try using ".adjusted" to update the clock face!!

LOL. I keep overlooking the "adjusted" property in the documentation:(

And it just appears when I search it.

Best Answer
0 Votes