Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I edit the notifications received on Sense 2 during exercise?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

Is there a way to edit the notifications you receive whilst exercising? My Sense2 was going mad telling me I moved between zones but nothing for splits/each mile.

I feel I might send this one back and stick with the Blaze..

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@JoelWilson   The Sense 2 navigation is very different from the Blaze.  Here are some additional details that will help you with your Sense 2 navigation and settings.  Since the Sense 2 has built in GPS, you don't need to run with your phone, like your Blaze.

• The Sense 2 introduced tiles and these are the screens that you see when you swipe left/right
  • All of the exercise shortcuts are on the Sense 2.  No more exercise shortcuts or some of their settings on the app
  • You need to open the Exercise app by one of these paths.  Short press the button to access your apps and open the Exercise app.  Or swipe left/right to the Start Exercise tile (the one with the three circles) and tap on All.  Select Run.  Note -- those three circles are shortcuts to start one of those exercises.  You can't get to the settings from those circles.  Those are also your last three exercises you used.
  • The Blaze has a gear icon to go to the settings.  The Sense 2 has a tiny "^" at the bottom of the screen.  Swipe up on the "^".
  • Swipe up to Heart zone notifications and toggle it to off.
  • Swipe up some more to Laps and select Auto Count - Set rule.  Turn that On, choose miles, set the spinning wheel to 1.0, then tap to confirm.
  • You can also customize the stats you see on the screen.
  • This is also the menu where you can turn the GPS off, if you ever run on an indoor track.
  • The Run shortcut also has three features not available on the Blaze.  They are Run Detect, Auto Pause and Auto Stop.

There are two other things I want to point out.  All current Fitbits give active zone minutes, not active minutes like the Blaze.  It's a different equation and AZMs are weighted by intensity.  The Sense 2 uses a different optical heart rate monitor.  Your Blaze has the same OHRM as my Ionic (so sad that it was recalled).  Many users complain about the OHRM accuracy on the Sense 2.  Just be prepared to see different heart rate results with your Sense 2.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @JoelWilson - when you choose an exercise, before starting, swipe the watch face up and set the options as you want.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoelWilson   The Sense 2 navigation is very different from the Blaze.  Here are some additional details that will help you with your Sense 2 navigation and settings.  Since the Sense 2 has built in GPS, you don't need to run with your phone, like your Blaze.

• The Sense 2 introduced tiles and these are the screens that you see when you swipe left/right
  • All of the exercise shortcuts are on the Sense 2.  No more exercise shortcuts or some of their settings on the app
  • You need to open the Exercise app by one of these paths.  Short press the button to access your apps and open the Exercise app.  Or swipe left/right to the Start Exercise tile (the one with the three circles) and tap on All.  Select Run.  Note -- those three circles are shortcuts to start one of those exercises.  You can't get to the settings from those circles.  Those are also your last three exercises you used.
  • The Blaze has a gear icon to go to the settings.  The Sense 2 has a tiny "^" at the bottom of the screen.  Swipe up on the "^".
  • Swipe up to Heart zone notifications and toggle it to off.
  • Swipe up some more to Laps and select Auto Count - Set rule.  Turn that On, choose miles, set the spinning wheel to 1.0, then tap to confirm.
  • You can also customize the stats you see on the screen.
  • This is also the menu where you can turn the GPS off, if you ever run on an indoor track.
  • The Run shortcut also has three features not available on the Blaze.  They are Run Detect, Auto Pause and Auto Stop.

There are two other things I want to point out.  All current Fitbits give active zone minutes, not active minutes like the Blaze.  It's a different equation and AZMs are weighted by intensity.  The Sense 2 uses a different optical heart rate monitor.  Your Blaze has the same OHRM as my Ionic (so sad that it was recalled).  Many users complain about the OHRM accuracy on the Sense 2.  Just be prepared to see different heart rate results with your Sense 2.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer