Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about features on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seeing as my original post was buried in the Google assistant thread, even though its unrelated. I've decided to post it again.

I purchased the Sense 2 for my wife. We were aware that Google assistant would likely be missing (this is not our complaint), and she was ok with that (although I thought differently). 

To our surprise as you can imagine, we were shocked to learn that Google assistant isn't the only downgrade. Let me list the downgrades so that other users can save themselves some time. 

• No Google assistant.
  • No WiFi (means software updates will take forever). 
  • No Fitbit app gallery or access to 3rd party apps (this means no Deezer, Spotify or the likes).
  • No music controls. That's right, there is no ability to even control the music playing on your phone. 
  • No on wrist Bluetooth calling. 
  • No Google wallet or Google apps out of the box (we did know about this before the purchase). 
  • Inability to rearrange exercise shortcuts.
  • No snore detection 

I'm sorry but to me (and my non techie wife) this is an outright downgrade to the Versa 3 my wife was currently using. That's right the Sense 2 is a downgrade even on the Versa 3. Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves, they are acting no differently to a scam artist and will not be getting a dime more out of me.

Good luck and think twice before parting with your money.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
192 REPLIES 192

You also can't even make an alarm.

Best Answer

You can. Push the physical button and search for "alarm" 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also found that by accident, but I first thought I can add it as quickpage like the timers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@datalore wrote:

Interesting article on some of the missing features in the Sense2/Versa4. 

https://gadgetsandwearables.com/2022/09/26/versa-3-fitbit-app-gallery/

The article doesn't say anything more that what has been written in this forum, probably just this very same discussion. It's something I'm starting to note quite often among several websites I visit. Evidently this section of the forum is a huge source of inspiration.

What is instead quite interesting is not a single website, nor a youtube channel, has so far produced a reliable review (or actually any sort of review) of the Sense 2 / Versa 4 like if 1) they are not interessed 2) Fitbit didn't send them in advance any item for reviewing.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

DCRainmaker, a reference for the reviews, wrote on Twitter that he will publish first the review of the Inspire 3, then likely next week the review of the Sense 2. I guess it takes time to make such in depth review and they don't get the watch much earlier than we do.

He is also following the messages of this forum also we may have some more understanding of the situation in his review. 

@Ray: If you read this, thank you!

Best Answer

I agree that that's probably what it is. I wonder if eventually Google will just permanent retire the whole fitbit name and brand and get rid of them for the pixel watch only. I hope not. I don't want a round watch at all. I love my original sense. I just recently got the sense after getting the samsung galaxy watch and hating it because I couldn't look at my stuff on the computer too but only on a phone ap. I hate when I find something I love and then it gets ruined. 

Best Answer

I honestly wouldn't be mad if they had the Apple Watch competitor with Fitbit tracking capabilities AND the line of advanced fitness trackers with minimal smartwatch capabilities. Do you want a fitness tracker first or a smartwatch first? 

What's frustrating is that the Sense 2 and Versa 4 are listed as Smartwatches and yet they're not that much better than the Charge 5, Inspire, and Luxe as far as smartwatch features are concerned. 

Best Answer

I want both that's why i chose that one. So i wouldn't need to bring my phone all the time. So I could get text and things and music and my health tracking. I love it. I tried the luxe and hated it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. No CGM clock face which is a must for me.

2. ECG does not work

3. Battery has charging issues.

4. No Google Assistant

5. My Versa 3 is better.

RETURNED TODAY

Best Answer

I already had a bad feeling about this after seeing the reviews.

Pros:

1. I liked that I got a notification during my walk today that there was a walk in progress. It was delayed (I lost a few minutes of data on the walk), but it was fine.

2. You can hide the calorie burn from the Today menu

Cons:

1. The device lags and is slow to respond

2. No apps

3. No music control

4. No Google assistant

5. Can't figure out if the cEDA even works.

I'm returning it. Still don't know if I'm going to stick with my Luxe and hope it doesn't die on me or if I'm going to go fully over to Garmin (I'm still debating between the two). This product is absolutely NOT worth the $300+ price tag after tax.

I haven't ruled out the Pixel Watch as an option, but this device is a joke. The $100 Inspire 3 is likely just as functional and a better value for the money.

Oh, and does that say you can CHOOSE YOUR ASSISTANT? (And that almost looks like the Google Assistant Logo).

https://freeimage.host/i/smxvx2

Best Answer

@LissaxKristine where is that screenshot from? The Sense 2 set up screens? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Yep. When you go to set up the device and it goes through the initial update process. They have that little how-to tutorial/guide introducing the watch.

Also, I was wondering where my post went. That wasn't supposed to be a comment in this thread.

Best Answer

@LissaxKristine The same thing happened to mine, moved from its own thread and buried within pages and pages in a thread that had no relevance to my original post.

It would appear the Moderators are busy moving/hiding/deleting posts, instead of actually coming here and responding to our complaints. 

As I've mentioned my wife has already returned hers and we now spend some time looking at the competition as I don't want to give this terrible company any more of my cash. 

Best Answer

Oh, don't forget that they like to "clarify subjects."

I'm starting to wonder if the reason they stopped selling the Versa 3 and Sense 1 on their site a while ago, but they still sell the Versa 2, is because they don't want people to be able to use the feature comparison tool to see the difference between the most recent predecessor. 

Best Answer

Agreed, this is a complete downgrade from my Sense 1. I'm also noticing that the list of apps that I can receive notifications from is almost nonexistent. And the four apps that it will allow me to get notifications from are apps that I have no desire to get notifications from. This purchase is a complete disappointment. 

Best Answer

I am disappointed in the shortcomings so far. However, I am planning on staying with the device. It appears to me that the majority of issues can be solved with software/firmware updates. My experience over the years with multiple different devices has shown me that software can be half-baked at device launch and that it eventually catches up in time. Only time will tell if Fitbit comes through with the proper corrections via updates. If they don't then i don't foresee an existence for the company going forward and Google will simply let it die.

Best Answer

I'm not gambling my $300 to a company that is straight up lying to it's customers. But you do you.

Best Answer

@slepr Sense 1 was put on sale with huge issues on the HR sensor and not only it was never fixed, Fitbit refused to acknowledge the issue and played the card "you're wearing it wrong".

Something to consider.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Thanks, I never had issues with the HR sensor on my Sense and I was pleasantly surprised when snore report was added. I will hold out hope for some improvement from Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to be fair that screenshot with its options is at best disingenuous and at worst downright wrong.

1. I did install a clock face with stats yesterday and I am happy with it.

2. You can install a voice assistant but it has to be Alexa (Misleading at this time to use the word choice)

3. I did see in the app where you customize the tiles but didn't try as I was OK with the present choice.

4. Apps in Fitbit Gallery is true BUT it is their apps and they are all installed except "Find my phone".

While from a strictly technical standpoint, they presented at best "alternative truths" but are not honest upfront talking about the Sense 2 capabilities and choices at this moment. If you launch a much anticipated new product, you will present it with what is eventually can do not what it can do at launch time otherwise investors will be unhappy. So hopefully they fulfill their promises.

For me I am waiting until I get closer to the 45 day return date and then will make my decision whether to keep it, change brand or model.

Best Answer