Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Light Watch Face - Second hand lags on wakeup

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a Sense 2 (previously had a Sense) and reinstalled the Light clockface by Fitbit. However, not when the screen wakes up, the second hand (red) will momentarily display at the 12 o'clock position before jumping to the correction orientation based on the time. This makes it feel and look really laggy. 

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the watch face multiple times, restarted the device (including a factory reset) multiple times, but still no luck. Anyone else running into this issue?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@fufukatchoo - thanks for the clarification, the new operating system on the Sense 2 is a bit special for some AOD features.

The built-in AOD display is only 24 hr digital but clock faces can have their own version which may have a bug imposed by the operating system.

Faces ported to the Sense 2 (even Fitbit ones) may not have been fully tested, thanks for reporting the issue.

The best way to raise it is to contact the developer in this case chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @fufukatchoo - it is probably poor design.

When the display blanks the watch stops, when it comes on it has to catch up, but curious it is only the second hand with the problem.

See what happens if you select Always On or try another clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the issue is actually when AOD is switched on (I should've mentioned this in the first post). Based on what you said I turned AOD off and interestingly the issue doesn't occur when the screen goes completely on/off after the timeout. When it wakes up, the second hand is where it should be and continues ticking from there.

This didn't occur on the Sense so I'm surprised the newer device is having issues with the same watchface. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fufukatchoo - thanks for the clarification, the new operating system on the Sense 2 is a bit special for some AOD features.

The built-in AOD display is only 24 hr digital but clock faces can have their own version which may have a bug imposed by the operating system.

Faces ported to the Sense 2 (even Fitbit ones) may not have been fully tested, thanks for reporting the issue.

The best way to raise it is to contact the developer in this case chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support.

Best Answer