Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting simplified sleep instead of Sleep Stages

My Sense 2 is fully updated, I’ve tried normal & sensitive settings, I’ve tried left and right arm, I’ve read the forums and tried all the recommendations but I am only getting simplified sleep instead of Sleep Stages

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Are you a Premium member?  That may make a difference.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, No I am not a Premium member? I only get non-simplified sleep stats if I pay? That doesn't sound right. I have several friends with the Versa, that are not Premium and they get sleep stats.

Best Answer

@DramaQueenDiva , Thank you for your help. 

@D4rryl , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and information. 

The following conditions can prevent sleep phase recording:

- You record your sleep using the app instead of the tracker's automatic sleep detection.
- The tracker's battery is almost empty when you go to bed (below 25%). This prevents the pulse from being recorded regularly.
- You use the metal bracelet while sleeping
- You sleep less than 3 hours.
- The bracelet is too loose or too tight on the wrist. You should be able to put your index finger between the bracelet and your arm without much resistance so that your pulse is recorded regularly and sleep phases can be recognized.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appreciated. None of those conditions apply. In fact, I called the Fitbit help desk and was connected to an advanced tech that could not help (Case: ****).  My girlfriend also has this problem but it's intermittent (randomly). I had a Versa that worked prefect, only after buying the Sense that this problem began.

I reached out to the forum with hopes that someone else has this problem: I have an iPhone, maybe it's a setting in the watch or the phone, maybe its an app (or face) on the watch causing the problem (which is what Fitbit tech thinks), lots of maybes 😞    

Thanks

Moderator edit:  removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

@D4rryl , Thank you for your reply ! 

If you check the heart rate during the night, do you see any interruption during the record?

If so,  that might explain your situation. Try wearing the Sense 2 a bit looser/tighter and higher on the wrist .
You could also try to wear it (during your sleep) so that the heart rate sensors are touching the lower part of your wrist. Here it's easier to capture the heart rate. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Juanfit,

I have exactly the same problem.  I am a premium member and have Case number **** in your help system.  I have been referred to "advanced help" but have not received an email yet.

My sense 2 abruptly quit recording sleep properly on March 15th.  Worked perfectly from Sept 2023 until then.   It accurately records my heart beats and reports them to the phone app (a galaxy 8).  I have tried all the stuff you suggested to no avail.

Moderator edit:  removed personal information

Best Answer

@JimE907 , A warm welcome to the Community ! Thank you for taking the time to contact Support. 
They informed me that your case is still being reviewed. You will get an email soon. 
Keep working with Support to avoid confusion. 

In the meantime verify  the heart rate during the night, do you see any interruption during the record?
If you see any cuts on the heart rate measurements try wearing the Sense 2 a bit looser/tighter and higher on the wrist .
You could also try to wear it (during your sleep) so that the heart rate sensors are touching the lower part of your wrist. Here it's easier to capture the heart rate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again, Appreciated. None of those conditions apply. Battery is full, I have no heart problems, its fully updated, on and on. Just Like JimE907, my Sense 2 abruptly quit recording sleep. 

Best Answer

I was transferred to "Advanced support". They had nothing new to try and there was no response when I asked where to send the watch for repairs. 

Best Answer

@JimE907 @D4rryl , Thank you for your replies and feedback. 

I apologize for the inconveniences with our Support team. 

Please make sure that on the Sense 2 the green LEDs are blinking. 
Try wearing the watch(during your sleep)so that the green LEDs are facing (touching) the back side of your wrists. Here it is easier for the heart rate to be recognized. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem.

Started on 17 April

Best Answer

I have the same problem. 

Best Answer

@Bill1000 @agesofman  , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your messages and information. 

What have you already tried, so that I don't ask you to perform it again, if not necessary. 

The following conditions can prevent sleep phase recording:

- You record your sleep using the app instead of the tracker's automatic sleep detection.
- The tracker's battery is almost empty when you go to bed (below 25%). This prevents the pulse from being recorded regularly.
- You use the metal bracelet while sleeping
- You sleep less than 3 hours.
- The bracelet is too loose or too tight on the wrist. You should be able to put your index finger between the bracelet and your arm without much resistance so that your pulse is recorded regularly and sleep phases can be recognized.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had no sleep data since Thursday I’ve had a Fitbit since they first came on sale , I’ve tried all your solutions 🤷‍:female_sign:. 

Best Answer

Ive owned a fitbit for years sleep tracking has changed on app now do not get detailed sleep

i have premium but app changed 

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  Contacted customer support and they said they were escalating my case and I would hear back from them today. 

Best Answer

The problem isn’t that data not recorded it’s that the detailed graph is missing 

IMG_5643.png

Best Answer

You get more than I do. I have tried everything, including the Advanced Tech support. Nothing works.

I have several friends that have the same problem; they are all iPhone users like me.  Is this just an iPhone issue or are the Android users that have the problem?

Advanced Tech support thinks its a setting or app interfering.

IMG_4862.jpg

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Oh my gosh I hate this latest update, can’t read the data at all and then the data disappears! Now I don’t even get REM, deep and light split up and I don’t get a sleep score at all for the past two days. This is ridiculous.

I only bought this is January because my other Fitbit broke and I had been waiting to get an Apple Watch. When I wore the Apple Watch I hated the sleep info it gave me so I took it back and bought the sense 2. Ask for the sleep data and now it’s gone!!!

Best Answer