Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a heart rate strap that connects with Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m thinking to buy the clip for my sense , it’s good idea for as I work , and don’t can wear a watch.

Now I was thinking, if fitbit (google) gif the possibility to use a heartrate belt like polar h10 , or something properitarie , maybe it’s time for fitbit to think of making a real heartrate strap to connect on there wearables, with motion sensors, so it can track sleep , and I don’t need to wear a watch every time , just an idea from me.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

GN
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Nicola_grec   Users have been asking for chest strap integration since Fitbit released its first heart rate trackers -- Feature Suggestion   Unfortunately, This doesn't seem to be in the plan.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Nicola_grec   Users have been asking for chest strap integration since Fitbit released its first heart rate trackers -- Feature Suggestion   Unfortunately, This doesn't seem to be in the plan.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nicola_grec this has been requested years ago. Fitbit doesn't seem to acknowledge a need for external sensor connectivity and unlikely it's going to happen. Saying that there are not many solutions out there that will allow you to use an external HR monitor during daily (non-exercise) activities. Most of the vendors limit it only to tracking HR during an exercise but not 24/7. There are solutions like FrontierX2 that are made to be worn 24/7 (FX2 is quite expensive as well). If you want to wear one during work (several hours) you'd probably need to track it as an activity (for example, Garmin has an activity called "Track Me" which is a general-purpose activity but some daily metrics would not be tracked, like stress levels). You may wear your watch (if you get a strap long enough) on your calf/ankle. I tested that and HR readings were quite alright (of course, as for Sense 2). With a good strap, you won't feel it there. This is what my wife does in the hospital environment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As the others said, this has been a popular request for some time. For whatever reason Fitbit has decided against implementing it. There are many times and situations such a device would be great. We wait in hope but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer