Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 Firmware Update 194.86

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Sense 2 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Sense 2. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
154 REPLIES 154

Just found this on Reddit, new firmare update for Sense 2: 194.86. Anyone else got it?

Best Answer

Hi @asotmike - thanks, it may be country specific or a hoax, and don't be too keen to try it, given the issues with the 194.61, now withdrawn.

Eventually a topic will be posted on the top of the forum if there is a new update or you will get a notification in the Fitbit App.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I'm the one from reddit hehehe. At this moment everything is working fine. 

Best Answer

I got it too about around the same time. Haven't been able to find any info about it. 

Best Answer

Installed last night (UK). Still no release notes...very strange. Even their official website is not mentioning it and still states 194.61 as the latest.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it too just now. It has all the features mentioned in the 194.61 update. Let's hope the bugs aren't there. All seems fine 

Best Answer

Hi!Did you notice if the heart rate tracking while exercising is improved maybe with a new algorithm?because previously was really poor?thanks

Best Answer

I'm still on 184.52. My Senes 2 crashed today. It got hard-reset. After reinstalling it, the "Update" button appeared. I clicked on it. The process started and then disappeared. Now, the "Update" button is no longer there.

Has the release been pulled again (like the previous one)?

Best Answer

I’m also on 184.52.  It just appeared as an update a few weeks ago and completely hosed the floor count.  It is pretty clear Fitbit does not care to make these toys into a functional activity tracker.

Best Answer

Do I correctly assume that the firmware update is tied to v4.04 of the app? If I'm correct then I guess that explains why I've not seen it yet ... I'm an android user and 4.04 still hasn't been released on android on the UK 😩

Best Answer
I’m on 184.52 on the Fitbit version but can’t determine what version of the iPhone app I have. What I think we all need is a smartwatch from a reputable company.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Updated this morning! Finally, months later. I see that the version number has changed. So far so good, no problems. We'll get back and follow up on this in the next couple days. I think they finally did it. It took long enough ! Kind of ridiculous

Best Answer

@asotmike I'm wondering if you could shed any light on the new firmware update 194.86 released November 16, 2023 in comparison to the firmware update 194.61 that completely ruined Sense 2 devices back in July 2023 

Thanks!

Best Answer

It works great, didn't notice any bugs until now. The stress management tile is fixed, the animations for the notifications are much faster (they listened to our feedback). Also battery life is great 

Best Answer

Did they finally fix the “not readed” notifications?Is the Hr tracking improved?thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have to turn my Bluetooth on and off every morning in order for it to start syncing weather and sleep.  Bummer

Best Answer
Maybe this will help the functionality if I get it before buying an Apple Watch, but I’m not holding my breath.
Best Answer

This is first update I have seen for the Sense 2 this year. It appeared yesterday. I waited until just after midnight to install it so as not to lose data from earlier in the day. I started working with it after my sleep period. The display had many issues. At least one of the new features didn't appear to exist. I finally shut it down and restarted it. That fixed all the issues I had observed.

I am happy that I never had the chance to download the previous version that apparently caused issues. I am happy with the device and how Fitbit is handling the updates. i am looking forward to using/testing more features in the next week.

Thank you and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer

So - to those or there who have received the update,  can I ask:

Are you on iPhone or Android please?

I'm interested to see if it's just available to selected iPhone users right now. 

Best Answer