Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 Firmware Update 194.86

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Sense 2 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Sense 2. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
154 REPLIES 154

Updated my fitbit app and now my watch won't sync and is displaying the wrong time etc. I've only had this watch a few months what the heck!?  Jez Fitbit things are getting worse and worse. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes - you have to force stop the app to get it to ACTUALLY update
anything... Or turn off/on bluetooth...
Best Answer
I ended up getting a new Fitbit and it seems to be working now. Just don’t know how long it’ll last!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since installing 194.86, I’ve noticed my Sense 2 doesn’t receive text messages or phone calls. I can’t say it happened at exactly the same time but too close to be a coincidence.

I’ve checked other forum topics regards notification settings on my phone, enabling calls, etc and still nothing.  It’s an iPhone with IOS 17.3.1.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit 

Are you here?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ermmm... emails tell me if I got a message.. why?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I can add severe battery drain... dropped from 100% to 4% in a couple hours just wearing normally. Refused to sync after going back on charger... Rebooted, force close, kill bluetooth... synced at 50%. I'll let it go to 100% and post back here when it dies. 

@LizzyFitbit  I wanted to jump onto @Sworldtech's issue -- the weather is wrong every morning and will not update unless I do one of the many suggested actions... force stop, cycle bluetooth, etc. I even had to do this when I first got the watch to make the time update. On a watch. Brand new. I had to force stop the app to make the time correct.

None of these suggestions are really a fix - there is obviously a major sync issue with the app. Is someone working on this issue?  Also, the whole point of bluetooth is it's ability to differentiate between many devices... and we all have many, so the "one device" note is really odd. Maybe I can get another app to force stop yours every 30 mins...

I'll also comment on SPo2 - it is a huge oversight that there is no app like ECG that allows the user to take a live o2 reading.  Anyone working on this? I realize your programmers worry about the accuracy of the reading because it depends how it's worn - the user is smart enough to understand this, so it is very insulting to hide this data them. 

Do you have a list of active issues and a schedule for releasing corrective updates?

Thanks, Tony.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From 100% to 4% in 1:45

Best Answer

Are you deciding to bring google assistant to the sense 2 yet? 

This will be my last fitbit purchase otherwise;
The device is a horrible downgrade, and I'm already looking to get my sense 1 back: I wouldn't have traded if I knew the sense 2 was a downgrade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This update seemed to make things worse for me.  See my post about mood logs from body stress responses not syncing properly.  Worked fine when I first got the watch back in December not after this update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

People having trouble with the installation should try deleting the app and reinstalling, it’ll take you through the Google setup and it should start syncing again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since I did this update the app logs me out every couple of days

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rexkrazy wrote:

@LizzyFitbit  I wanted to jump onto @SunsetRunner's issue -- the weather is wrong every morning and will not update unless I do one of the many suggested actions... force stop, cycle bluetooth, etc. I even had to do this when I first got the watch to make the time update. On a watch. Brand new. I had to force stop the app to make the time correct.

None of these suggestions are really a fix - there is obviously a major sync issue with the app. Is someone working on this issue?  Also, the whole point of bluetooth is it's ability to differentiate between many devices... and we all have many, so the "one device" note is really odd. Maybe I can get another app to force stop yours every 30 mins...

Incorrect weather data has been an issue since day one with the Sense 2.  If I have to toggle my Bluetooth or force-stop the app on my Pixel phone, I might as well look at the weather on it since it is in my hand and I am looking at it.

Best Answer

To follow-up on this -- I contacted service through the help dialogue in the app (very quick and attentive in the chat)

They were able to see my charging history, but had me charge/discharge again and sign in the day. No big deal, watch dies in 2 hrs again and the next tech setup a replacement... haven't seen it yet. I'll be curious to see if it syncs properly for some strange reason.

Now not wearing because it's a nuisance, and honestly seems like a fire hazard

---

Syncing is not the problem - syncing properly is the issue. Uninstalling might make it sync properly 1 time.... but you'll probably still have to force close to get the time right and get a weather update.

To me, it seems obvious that the app is the problem, and the folks at Google are probably more concerned with their pixel watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rexkrazy  Didn't know they have charge history or look at those data.  Maybe that's why they give me the runaround too much, besides doing a power reset (which quickly drained the battery).  They did ask me to perform a whole bunch of troubleshooting steps, which I said I did them all, then put me on hold for around 5min, where they came back and told me a replacement will be on the way.

My Sense 2, maybe 2 weeks after the firmware update, and all the fiascos that happened to it, came to a useless end.  After charging it to 100%, it would quite quickly drain down to maybe low 70% range, and after that, if I do anything with the Sense 2, it would just turn black like the battery went straight to 0%.  If I plug in the charger, it would start to charge at around low 90%.

Best Answer