Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 Firmware Update 194.86

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Sense 2 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Sense 2. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
154 REPLIES 154

It would be best for dear users of this watch not to install this software latest. I am all the time on this version what freshly after turning it on was and it works perfectly and without errors. Unfortunately, but they can't issue correct software updates. You can see for yourself how many people say something doesn't work and regret that step, and as far as I know you can't do a "backroll".... So much for my thoughts on the soft update on this watch.

Best Answer

I updated this on the 17/1/24 wish I hadn't.  Its rendered my watch useless. It won't sync and gains time!  

24 emails later from customer support with 24 suggestions, often the same suggestion, on how to fix it and it's still only useful as a paper weight.

13 month old sense 2 now useless and looking at buying another brand watch,  really disappointed. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

@SunsetRunner It seems you missed my previous reply, and thanks for keeping me posted. To make sure the necessary steps have been tried, could you confirm if you've tried the troubleshooting described here? As I mentioned before, make sure to turn off any other Bluetooth connections nearby as using more than one mobile device may interfere with the connection between your watch and phone.

@Lashes77 Thanks for joining this thread. It seems your inquiries were posted in different boards. To prevent any confusion, I'd recommend clicking on your community profile picture in order to check the threads you've visited. I'm sure you'll continue receiving assistance from the community.

@Liquadia and @Suereid You're welcome. I'm glad your watch started working correctly, and I appreciate your efforts as well as your feedback. I hope you can keep crushing your goals!

@Shazboo1 Thanks for letting me know that you've contacted our Support team. I understand your frustration and I apologize for the inconvenience. Every feedback shared by our members helps us to improve our devices, and yours is no exception.

While I don't have access to your case, my best advice is to keep in touch with our team in order to receive further assistance about this situation.
Best Answer

Since the update, exercise will not work on my watch. When I select any type of workout, it starts, then my Fitbit reboots itself. I can't seem to find a "fix". I have gone as far as factory resetting it and reconnecting to my phone, but nothing works. Any help? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

100% agree. Every update brings more issues, none of which seem to be getting fixed.

In fact I have had support telling me they 'cannot fix' completely incorrect data which is appearing amongst a host of other issues...

I lodged a complaint as as far as I am concerned the device and app are no longer fit for the purpose we purchased them for in good faith.

Appears that more and more posts are the same - unhappy long term customers who ultimately are going to give up and go to other brands - and Fitbit (well, Google - as the issues really have escalated since they took over) don't seem to care tbh or be listening to anyone. Just reams of copy paste replies as you say - ....utterly frustrating.

I will be interested to see if this post will be deleted - as previous ones with the same sentiment have been......

Best Answer
Hi, after 58 emails fitbit finally admitted the watch was no good and after
I sent it back they sent me a new one. They also mentioned that fitbit will
not be supporting the hardware now since the takeover by Google. I'll see
how long this watch lasts but think it'll be my last fitbit. Iv worn one
since 2016 and think it's a shame they are not a good as before. Probably
samsung galaxy 6 for me next.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Has the new device fixed all of your issues ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah this one so far is working fine
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit  I wanted to jump onto @SunsetRunner's issue -- the weather is wrong every morning and will not update unless I do one of the many suggested actions... force stop, cycle bluetooth, etc. I even had to do this when I first got the watch to make the time update. On a watch. Brand new. I had to force stop the app to make the time correct.

None of these suggestions are really a fix - there is obviously a major sync issue with the app. Is someone working on this issue?  Also, the whole point of bluetooth is it's ability to differentiate between many devices... and we all have many, so the "one device" note is really odd. Maybe I can get another app to force stop yours every 30 mins...

I'll also comment on SPo2 - it is a huge oversight that there is no app like ECG that allows the user to take a live o2 reading.  Anyone working on this? I realize your programmers worry about the accuracy of the reading because it depends how it's worn - the user is smart enough to understand this, so it is very insulting to hide this data them. 

Do you have a list of active issues and a schedule for releasing corrective updates?

Thanks, Tony.

Best Answer

Ever since this update my GPS appears to be dropping out, i.e. the grey arrow will alternate between solid and unfilled for the duration of my exercise. When it reconnects it vibrates which is incredibly annoying. Is this expected behaviour of dynamic GPS or is there something wrong? I've had the device for 18 months and never had GPS issues prior to this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not sure, mine just didn't work properly at all after the update. Best
to get in contact with the fitbit support and see if they can help you.
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the update my Sense 2 is not logging steps or floors correctly. It was working fine before this. Support tried to blame the floors on wind, pressure changes, "excess moisture", but as I said, it was working just fine before the update. Unfortunately, we can't go back to the old version after updating. My complaint was escalated, but I have a feeling I'll be buying a different brand of step counter shortly... neither Fitbit nor Google-branded...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Keep bugging them about it. Email is the best way and keep asking for a
replacement... nothing to lose
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rexkrazy I wanted this issue to be fixed on the first day I owned this Sense 2 but well, it seems like nobody care @LizzyFitbit 

Best Answer
Me2 but it took about a week. As soon as they said they would change it, it
took 3 days. Keep on to them
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so sick of having to reset my Bluetooth or restart my phone or watch to get it to work.......EVERYDAY!    Please help.  I already have a bricked charge 5 and this one isn't much better... Whose writing your firmware?  ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CHILDREN I surmise.

Best Answer

lol... have to reset my Fitbit app or the device or the bluetooth of my phone..... any combination... it just did not sync well as the previous device (p.s. I have used Surge, Ironic, and Sense.... never had such bad sync issue as I'm having now)

Best Answer
Try updating the app. It won't update the firmware, just the syncing issues & the other issues. That helped with mine. Good luck.

Sent by Samsung Galaxy S20 GG via Microsoft Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes
You can factory reset the watch, worth a try
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes