Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 is tracking too many floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We need a firmware update to fix it. Please inform the developer. Otherwise i have to exchange the fitbit Sense 2. 14 floor heights without any is to much malfunction.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Community, @ralf12345.

I've moved your post to the Sense 2 board so we can keep the forums organized. Before anything else let me explain that our Fitbit devices such as your watch has an altimeter which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure to track your floors. However, it may give you credit for extra floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, AC, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors.

That being said, I'd recommend restarting your watch to refresh its performance and monitoring its behavior in the next few days.

Best Answer

I was in the hospital for three days and didn't leave the floor. During this time my Fitbit Sense 2 counted 13 floors on Wednesday, 75 on Thursday and 113 on Friday. If they can't fix the error, the atmospheric sensor seems to be the problem, then I'll return the watch. Such erroneous information is useless.

A restart was made several times, the error remains.

Please fix the error, otherwise I will unfortunately have to return the otherwise good watch.

Best Answer

Hi @ralf12345 - if your watch is randomly counting floors like that it is most likely faulty.

You can chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support, they may take you through a factory reset but it is unlikely to fix it.

if you are unhappy with the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy or possibly authorised dealers too, some stores provide 14 to 30 day refunds.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @ralf12345@Guy_ Thanks for your great help.

@ralf12345 Thanks for getting back with more details, as well as trying the steps suggested above. I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I agree with @Guy_ that this shouldn't be happening, and for that reason I've requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance from our Support team. You'll receive an email with more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer

I’m having the same trouble with my Sense.  It was working fine until about 3 weeks ago.  I also believe it’s a faulty sensor/failure.  It’s less than a yearly old so would it be covered under warranty?

Best Answer

@FBit3546 Welcome on board.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your experience with your watch. It seems you already have a case created with our Support team and I'm sure they'll continue helping you with this matter, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked until last week. Today I climbed 347 flights of stairs so far without changing elevation at all. Amazing! I'll work with support....

Best Answer

Hi there, @ja4e.

Thanks for letting me know about your Sense 2. I understand your point as your watch shouldn't be tracking that amount of floors. I went ahead to check your details and it seems you already have a case created with our Support team. I'm glad you're receiving assistance, and please get back to them if you have any other questions about this situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes