Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 super incorrect heart rate tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’d like to start by saying I’ve never had any problems with previous models, but the Sense 2 during exercise reads my heart rate BELOW my resting rate! I’ll be 30 minutes into a high intensity workout and it says I’m at 70bpm. I am usually around 155. I’ve turned it off and on, put it in different positions, I just can’t get it to work and it’s frustrating as I use it to monitor my exercise! 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Almalone. It's good to see you back in the Community.

Thanks for the details and I'm sorry for the inconvenience with your Sense 2. 

Before considering other options, I would recommend performing a restart and to follow all the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information: How to I improve the accuracy of my heart rate rate reading?  This has been useful to other users who have experienced something similar.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have already done all the directions in the community support. I called customer support for replacement

Amber
Best Answer

Hey . Did they accept to replace it ? I have the same issue if it possible to share there number? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, if you go into your fit bit app click on your profile, then help and support. There’s a contact button, it calls them directly! It was easy

Amber
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit community forums @Omarhail 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

If you still have not resolved and want to contact support, Click here to get connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called them and chat with them , and they did nothing, just told me we will contact you thats all and its a lie . Bought it for $300 and its piece of junk 

Best Answer

This product is a waste of money. No Health Metric available. Only sleep works. Fitbit does not show Sp02, heart rate variability, breathing rate as advertised.

Best Answer

@Omarhail thanks for being back in the Community. 

It seems that your case is still being handled by a higher level of support. Keep in mind that when something is escalated it can take more time to receive a response.

Please, keep an eye on your inbox.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @MJRSS .

Thanks for letting us know about the inconvenience that you are experiencing with your Sense 2.

Before considering other options and regarding the health metrics, please let me know if you have checked the steps listed here.

Fitbit SpO2 app is automatically added for users in select countries. Make sure your device is running the latest version. For more information on updating your tracker, see How do I update my Fitbit device? For more information on the availability of Fitbit SpO2, see fitbit.com.

If you removed the SpO2 app from your device, reinstall it in the Fitbit app on your phone:

1. With your Fitbit device nearby, in the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
  2. Tap Gallery   

Apps tab.
  3. In the list of apps, tap SpO2 > Install > Install.

You should be able to see your SpO2 trends in the Health Metrics tile in the Fitbit app on your phone. To get SpO2 information, you need to: 

1. Wear your device for at least a full day, including to sleep at night.
  2. In the morning, open the Fitbit app and tap the Health Metrics tile.
  3. Swipe up to find the Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) tile.

If you still don't receive your SpO2 information, please follow the steps listed here below: 

1. Verify if your Fitbit profile has the correct location and time zone.
  2. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile icon > Sense 2 > Apps > SpO2.
  3. Make sure all the permissions are enabled.
  4. Restart your tracker to refresh its performance.
  5. Tap Today at the bottom of the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  6. Wear your tracker slightly higher on your wrist to sleep and sync it with the Fitbit app once you're awake to check your details.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same heart rate tracking issues with my Sense 2. Just now I looked at the heart rate on my watch face and it read 136. I wasn't exercising. I wasn't stressed or anxious. So I grabbed my BP cuff and took three straight readings ... good BP and all with a heart rate in the 50s. What's going on?

Best Answer

Sadly the same issue.  Just got a chest strap monitor. 

During spin the chest strap show 160 and Fitbit is 116.  It loses accuracy terribly once it hits 130ish.

It messes up the calorie estimated since its Soo inaccurate.

Best Answer

After the Versa 2 there was a change to the HR sensor which can have difficulty reading HR during movement.

For some it over reads and others it under reads.

Tattoos can affect HR readings any time but you should otherwise be able to get good sleep information if your are a good sleeper.

You can try and get a replacement under warranty using chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support but it may not be a better watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes