Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Readiness Score on New Device?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just replaced my Versa 2 Fitbit last weekend when it quit on me while in my pool. I guess when they get age on them they can’t keep the water out.

I went with a Sense 2, but all my Readiness scores have been 1’s.  I guess info from previous device doesn’t carry over?  Or was my previous device wrong, showing almost no activity on some days?  Yesterday, my Sense recorded 297 Active Zone Minutes, and that is very wrong.

Do I need to wait 14 days because it’s a new device?

Also, this device gives me insanely high Active Minutes compared to my previous Versa 2, so I’m wondering if I need to change some settings and what I should change them to?  I have been getting 90 minutes of cycling in most every day since January, and despite having AZM every day, I was getting 100’s on Readiness with almost no Activity showing.

I’m confused.  Was my Versa not counting all my Activity or should I change some heart rate zones or something?

Also noticed that even though I put my Fitbit Sense 2 on my lower calf when cycling, it sometimes shows heart rate in the 140’s or 150’s when the pulse grips on my cycle only show 110.  I try to get the stretch band snug so it’s not at all bouncing.  Also noticed one night I took it off before showering, and when I got it back on the heart rate was in the one-fifty to one-sixty range while no one was wearing it!  How do I stop that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Ok, let's make one thing clear: the type of device you have has nothing to do with your readiness score.  Your readiness score is based on a number of different factors, which are explained here .

For the device to work properly, including getting all your baseline measurements, you need to wait about 2 weeks. during which your scores will be reflected retroactively in the app.

I would never go by devices that had their heart rate monitors located on 2 different places in my body.  That's probably why you're seeing such wide variations on your bike and your device. Different locations will provide different readings.

Also, as far as the high reading in the shower, there's no setting that I'm aware of that will stop that.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes