Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 without box, cable or accessories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello dear Fitbit community, I hope you're doing well today.

I am writing this post to you, to confirm if this ad for a Sense 2 at 109 € is actually something that is real or is just too good to be true.

nachlakes_0-1687261367893.png

nachlakes_2-1687261448165.png

TBH I'd prefer not to be caught with a cheap knockoff, or worse, get scammed. What do you think? is the above ad safe?

In the end, ebay would 'protect' my purchase, but I wouldn't really like to waste my time if not needed. This guy is selling Sense 2 devices at 3x cheaper than fibit.com 😕

thanks!

cheers,

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

If it came without accessories, I wouldn't buy it.  You'd have to buy those separately.  The charger alone can cost up to $20.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@nachlakes  Any Fitbit that doesn't come from Fitbit or an authorized retailer can be counterfeit.  In addition, while eBay 'protects' your purchase, there is no warranty.

If that is a genuine Fitbit packaged like that, then I it is one that is supposed to be a replacement pebble for a warranty replacement.  Fitbit doesn't sell them like that and it could be stolen property.  Where are you located?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your quick replies!

I have decided not to purchase the item, after reading extensively that these are part of a warranty-fraud scheme.

tbh I am dumbfounded that Fitbit allows this.

Oh well. I'll go with an official retailer now 🙂

thank you again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nachlakes   I'm not a Fitbit/Google employee, but I'm very sure that Fitbit would be interested in locating the source of that post.  This is why I asked for your location.  Adding the URL of that page would be key.  The price is in Euros, so the fraudulent seller is somewhere in the EU. But every country in the EU has its own country specific eBay site.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

This looks like a warranty replacement piece. I received one like this myself, just the watch without accessories in this same packaging.

Best Answer

Sorry, I overlooked your question. I am located in Germany, as well as the seller (supposedly). The ebay site is a 'small classifieds' that lives in parallel to the real ebay.de, and it is called "ebay kleinanzeigen". Here's the URL from this user, selling Versas and Senses through a warranty claim scam: https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-bestandsliste.html?userId=78771519

Best Answer

yeah it seems like there are bad actors hacking into fitbit accounts and claiming a warranty replacement through social engineering/hacking. That is why many of these sellers can only send 1, max 2 pieces to the same address.

Crazy thing is that the items never go through the seller hands, and so I imagine it is very difficult to track the actual source.

I have read extensively about this scam type, which affects mainly google and current users of fitbit, and the deal is.. if I would've bought this, and used it for a while, Google/Fitbit would be in every right to just brick the device remotely, and not grant me any warranty.

Crazy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nachlakes if this is a replacement unit, it doesn't come with its own warranty but is under the warranty of the unit being replaced. There were several posts here in the past from users who contacted customer support when started experiencing issues with their Fitbits just to hear the replacement has been already issued to them in the past despite they have never asked for it before so that kind of scam seems to be a real thing.

Best Answer

@nachlakes   I passed all the information to Fitbit through a different channel.  It's up to Fitbit to act on it now.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

That's nuts. I can't imagine how one must feel after hearing that from the fitbit support team.

What I can't understand is, if fitbit and Google know about this, how do they not take appropriate steps before issuing a warranty claimed device? After all, hackers have the fitbit accounts of users because fitbit got hacked, right? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! I also flagged the seller in ebay Kleinanzeigen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @LZeeW Thanks for the heads up!

@nachlakes Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and the screenshot provided. Let me share that this situation has been shared with our team so they can take a deeper look. As our friends mentioned, we recommend purchasing a Fitbit device from our German official store, or through our authorized retailers so we can ensure you'll get a legit Fitbit product covered by our Limited Warranty.

Once again, we appreciate your efforts in reporting this with us, and I hope we can see you on track with a Fitbit device.

Best Answer