Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 won't connect - app is needed for this device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything was hunky dory with my device last night.  This morning I go to sync to see my readiness and sleep and it won't connect to my phone.  Things I have tried:

- Restart phone

- Restart Sense 2

- Unpair from bluetooth on phone

- Restart phone again

- Set up a new device in the Fitbit app

Now I cannot proceed with setting up the device - my phone can see the Sense as an available device in bluetooth, but when it goes to pair it says it needs an app to use that device.  App is open???

Anybody got any tips?

**update - all of a sudden the Sense started vibrating and then my phone got a pairing request.  I guess try 42 for the day worked? No clue what happened or why, but it's fixed now.

It appears something happened around midnight last night.  There's no data after 12:04am.**

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SaraCMelen - glad you got it working. For the future you can't pair it in the phone's Bluetooth, like some devices. The Fitbit App has to pair it. Essentially it is paired with the App and not the phone but uses the phone's Bluetooth for transferring signals that why you see it there.

Often when you logout and in it will re-pair it but sometimes you need to remove it from the phone's Bluetooth and then use "+Set up a Device" and replace to get it connected again.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You didn't do anything other then keep trying? I'm super frustrated as mine will not get past that inital screen either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes