Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app won't update on my Sense 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey Everyone!

I've recently upgraded from a Sense to Sense 2.  I've set up the weather app and it will display information.  However, the weather app often requires manual sync to pull new information.  I get this error message:

"No data yet. Sync watch and check your phone for internet or Bluetooth issues."

Eventually, the message goes away, displays the weather information, but then the error returns.  I did not have this issue with my previous Sense.  My phone is a Samsung S10 running the newest version of the Fitbit app. 

What could be the issue and I do I reliably receive weather information?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

That is the sad part as there is no wifi in the Sense 2. The only way to get updated weather is to sync every time which fully defeats the purpose.

Best Answer

Hi,

i am also affected by the problem and have already posted it here (Sense 2 Firmware Update 1.184.52 - page 2), in the german-speaking forum and communicated the problem directly with the support team.

They already are working on a solution, as they told me.

Quote:

"After installing Firmware 1.184.52 and updating the Fitbit App to version 3.71, the weather on the watch no longer syncs.

All necessary permission for the Firbit App and Weather App are set correcly.

I've tried reinstalling the Fitbit App, but that didn't help either.

The only thing that helps to sync the weather again is to stop the Fitbit App and start it again. I set up a task in Tasker that does this at a certain interval in the background, but that's only a temporary solution."

BR,

Markus

Best Answer

The problem isn’t limited to Android phones. I’m having the same problem on iPhone.  And when I get it synced, the updated weather isn’t  current.  It will say updated anywhere from 20-40 minutes ago.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

When can we expect a fix for this?

Best Answer

Hello,

here is the email response regarding the issue from the Fitbit support team dated December 5th:

Hi Markus,
Thank you for your email and your efforts in this case. We are sorry for the late reply.

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

For help with your Fitbit device and services, see help.fitbit.com

Sincerely,
Isabela E. and the Fitbit Tea

BR,

Markus

Best Answer
0 Votes