Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What OS?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has there been any confirmation that Wear OS is not used for the Versa 4 and Sense 2 watches or could they each use a different OS?

Could this in fact be true?

Guy__2-1663243488101.png

Guy__1-1663243420365.png

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Guy_ the one thing we have known is that Fitbit, for now, will not be releasing any watch with Wear OS. This was never questioned. 

We do know that Google will be releasing a Pixel Watch that does have Wear OS and has Fitbit software. We also know that this pixel watch will require 2 apps for support. One for Pixel support and the other Fitbit support. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Of course nothing from Fitbit, that for some reasons is completely silent following the announcement, but from various article such as this from 9to5google it appears to be a Fitbit OS with some makeover to resemble Wear OS.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Hi @Dopovo - thanks, it might also explain the daft change in watch navigation, to swipe up to get Notifications [instead of swipe down on all other Fitbit watches].

Also there has been no SDK announcement yet so may be there will be no Fitbit Studio development for these watches but use Android Studio instead.

The Pixel watch may have a similar screen resolution of 451 x 450 pixels, (about 46 Pixels per inch) so it may be possible for 454 x454 for a Fitbit watch to be accurate.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android Studio supports only Java (and not JS) and it is strongly interwined with Android so I don't feel possible to develop Sense 2 /Versa 4 apps/clockface via Android Studio.

I didn't see any mention of independent developped apps/clockfaces by Fitbit and I feel it would be very possible that an SDK is no longer released (hence Sense 2/Versa 4 would become trackers with larger displays)

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ the video has already been corrected as far as I know and in the comments, the creator admitted he made a mistake.

The first thing that says it's not going to be WearOS has claimed battery life. There is no WearOS watch living longer than 2-3 days on a single charge and it probably won't be any time soon). The navigation change means nothing as Galaxy 5 has even different design and this is a full WearOS watch (which just got a nice update). If you swipe up it comes up with an apps list, swipe down from the top - settings screen, screen to the left from watchface - notifications. I don't believe that V4 and S2 will have different screen resolution. There is no evidence for it. This whole video is IMO a bunch of rubbish and misleading information.

Best Answer

Yes, there's no way it's Wear OS. Google/Fitbit is making their OS look more like Wear OS (which makes sense, almost a Wear OS lite that hogs less battery), but it'll still be the Fitbit OS. I know some articles seem to be confusing things, but it's just their OS with some UI similarities:

https://9to5google.com/2022/09/13/fitbit-wear-os-3/

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ the one thing we have known is that Fitbit, for now, will not be releasing any watch with Wear OS. This was never questioned. 

We do know that Google will be releasing a Pixel Watch that does have Wear OS and has Fitbit software. We also know that this pixel watch will require 2 apps for support. One for Pixel support and the other Fitbit support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes