Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 year Fitbit protection plan

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you purchase it after the fact! I was trying to set up my watch and skipped over it to finish and would like to go back and purchase it how would I go about doing that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

this is something a moderator posted: "Customers who don’t buy the FPP at time of purchase from fitbit.com see a notification in the Fitbit app within 30 days of pairing a new device that gives them the option to buy the FPP.

That being said, if you’ve seen the offer 1 or 2 times, you'll get another offer soon. However, if you skip the 3rd the offer in the Fitbit app won't be available anymore.

An extended warranty called the Fitbit Protection Plan (FPP) is available for purchase with certain Fitbit products purchased in the United States from fitbit.com. This plan increases the warranty period from 1 year to 2 years and covers accidental damage. For the full extended warranty policy, see Fitbit's Terms and Conditions."

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

this is something a moderator posted: "Customers who don’t buy the FPP at time of purchase from fitbit.com see a notification in the Fitbit app within 30 days of pairing a new device that gives them the option to buy the FPP.

That being said, if you’ve seen the offer 1 or 2 times, you'll get another offer soon. However, if you skip the 3rd the offer in the Fitbit app won't be available anymore.

An extended warranty called the Fitbit Protection Plan (FPP) is available for purchase with certain Fitbit products purchased in the United States from fitbit.com. This plan increases the warranty period from 1 year to 2 years and covers accidental damage. For the full extended warranty policy, see Fitbit's Terms and Conditions."

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Is there a deductible in addition to the cost of the plan?

Doesn't mention it in the fitbit app but on squaretrade website.  If you buy a plan for a fitness device there is a deductible if you file a claim 

Thanks for any info 

Best Answer

I saw it pop up once but wasn't in a position to take action on it.  Is there a way to predict when you would be offered the protection plan so that I can be prepared? I am often in remote areas with no internet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just pops up Adan or 2 after. I think it will pop up 2 or 3 times.

Faith: It does not make things Easy it makes them Possible.
Luke 1:37

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed and formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why would you want this?  The plan costs $60.00, and in my state closer to $65.00 with sales tax.  Add on the $35 per claim deductible, so call it about $100.00.  Why would anyone spend $100 to save at most, $200?  (The replacement cost of a new device less the cost of the plan and the deductible).   All that cost for only a year of coverage- the first year is covered by Fitbit.  With all that monkey business, if it craps out in year 2 just buy another one.

Best Answer

@DaveG61 Only reason I might consider the plan would be for the accidental damage protection. But In over 5 1/2 years, I haven't cracked a screen yet. Someone who knocks it around and breaks the screen multiple times might find it useful? As with the standard warranty, you're on your own if you crack the screen accidentally. 

Best Answer

Why would I want this..so much small print that they won't cover..not worth it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit versa two died after less than a year, just didnt charge anymore. But because it was after their 90 day warrenty they didn't replace it and only offered me 30% off another one..  THAT WAS A SLAP IN THE FACE. I didn't use fitbit in a while and yelled at several managers. So this time around they offered a protection plan I'm gonna do it. This thing costs too much to be replacing every 6 to 8 months.

Best Answer