Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation - Flat Line

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I asked this in another thread, but for the past 2 nights, my EOV graph is tracked as low variation but is a complete straight line. Before, there were variations. Is anyone else having this problem? I've reset my Sense, checked for updates, and even went as far as logging in and out of the FitBit app. Any help or tips would be appreciated. 

I pay for premium and would like to get my money's worth and not have functions like this work partially. 

Screenshot_20210122-093631_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Probably make sure the back is clean to avoid it not recording the information properly.

It is explained more fully here Why didn’t I receive SpO2 data? 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I've tried this too, I sweat a lot on my wrist and wipe the back clean at least once a day. still no luck unfortunately 

again, it had a reading. just a weird constant reading, not that i didnt get a reading at all. I appreciate your advice 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I get exactly the same but my SP02 level for the night shows on my watch OK (Versa 2)

Past 2 nights and I don't think it's any thing to do with cleaning the back of the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have an Android phone try this to clear any glitch in the App and see what happens the next night

In Android phone Settings *

Apps

Fitbit

Storage - clear cache [not data]

Force Fitbit shutdown

[though it doesn't seem to fully]

Log back in to the Fitbit app

*Quick Shortcut: Press and hold the Fitbit launch icon, then App info [on some phones]

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

right, I agree - I was hoping any sort of trouble shooting method would work.

I tried them all, even what Guy below suggested - it did not work, not that night at least. 

I will say, however, the issue cleared up on its own, I'm not sure if an update/patch was released by FitBit, or if it was a glitch. 

Though it sucks yours is doing the same, I'm appreciative that it wasn't just me with this issue. 

hopefully, things resolve for you as well - 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Stangely it started working half way through the night, when I looked at my
graph just now?
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me probably 4 out of 7 nights a week. My charge 3 worked every night. I think the Sense is just not as good even though it's the newest and expensive. There have been so many issues, from heart rate inconsistency to this and even GPS tracking me a mile away from where I am running. For a fitness tracker I would not recommend the sense as it doesn't accurately function on multiple tools. I still do not see an answer in this forum on Fitbit acknowledging this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting this too - had my charge 4 just over a month and clean the sensor every time i take it off for a shower so unfortunately it's not just a sense issue. It's just started this week and has happened twice so far - if it can get all the other readings and tell me my spo2 i don't see why it has a problem displaying oxygen variations if it can clearly get the info? seems in my non-existent knowledge about tech that it might be an app issue rather than a device issue? i think i'll try reinstalling. I'm glad i'm still in a free trial period cos to be honest it's a lot of money to fork out for information that occurs inconsistently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did that last night. I'd love to find out what it means!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! It also said to wear higher on wrist. I recently lost a few pounds and had to tighten the band I'm wondering if I might have put it in a different spot. I'll also clean the back like you suggested.

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have premium, but I don't think the Estimated Oxygen Variation is a premium only function.  This is the second time this month that I too received the flat green line. Have you rebooted your phone lately?  The reboot of my phone seemed to work for me last time. I just rebooted my phone today. I will know tomorrow if it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have premium, but I don't think the Estimated Oxygen Variation is a premium only function.  This is the second time this month that I too received the flat green line. Have you rebooted your phone lately?  The reboot of my phone seemed to work for me last time. I just rebooted my phone today. I will know tomorrow if it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes